Search in sections

Hi there,

it would be very convenient if the user was able to search only in one selectable section. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you and kind regards
Daniela Wolf

3 Likes

Hi @UBWolf,

That’s not available without modifications. If you’re interested in tinkering, you’d start with templates/search/search.tpl and pages/search/SearchHandler.inc.php; let me know if you’d like some guidance, or if you like, we could also file this as a feature addition for later.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

I will try and take a look, but I think it would be better if it was an official addition. So yes, it would be great if you could file it as a feature addition.

Thanks for your help!
Kind regards
Daniela

Hi @UBWolf,

Thanks – I’ve filed the feature request here: Implement search by section · Issue #636 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

thank you very much!

Kind regards
Daniela

Hi @UBWolf,

I think we talked at the meeting in UB Heidelberg about that. May I ask whether you have concrete plans in implementing that - and if yes, do you plan to do so for 2.x or for the new 3.x release? I have some similar points on my table, maybe we could try and combine our efforts…

Regards,
ojsbsb

Hi there,

yes, we talked about that at our meeting.
Unfortunately my colleagues are on vacation, so I haven’t discussed this topic with them yet. But if we try to implement that, it would surely be a great idea to combine our resources.

Kind Regards
Daniela

1 Like

@UBWolf, it’s been some time since the last post here and the GitHub issue seems quiet. May I ask whether you had any considerations about this point in the meantime?

@ojsbsb
In the last months we haven’t worked much on OJS, but there are some plans for future development. However, I don’t know if those include this issue. I’ll write it in this thread once I know more.

@ojsbsb
Unfortunately our IT department doesn’t want to work on this issue right now and so far there aren’t any plans for the future. I don’t think this will change until the new OJS version has been published.

Thanks for letting us know, @UBWolf! At least we know that not both of us are working on the same issue.

Hi.

Fix it?