Samples of css journal pages

is it possible to find samples of journal home page css files? thanks

This Community Showcase is a good place to find examples of other folk’s work.

The University of Pittsburgh has customized the CSS for the following:

Thanks. When I want to change background color of the main part within Vanilla theme I got the following. When I add change of background color for Right sidebar I did not get changes.
My css code is:

#main {
    padding-left: 5px;
    background-color: #FAF5F5;
    border-left: 1px solid black;
    border-right: 1px solid black;
    border-bottom: 1px solid black;    
    }

#rightSidebar {
    background-color: #bb772e;

}

How familiar are you with CSS? The right sidebar is composed of multiple blocks, and the blocks that you are probably wanting to style are the divs inside #rightSidebar. These are already styled in the vanilla theme via #sidebar div.block, and your override will need to be at least as specific as that.

If CSS is a new topic, W3Schools has a fantastic CSS tutorial. You may also find it helpful to explore the existing styling via your browser’s inspect tool (for example in Firefox), which helps you see where current CSS rules are attached.

Hello,
I want to make that closer to people who are not developers nor professional css/html/php guys. So, I am looking for the ways how editors and their fellows can do that without learning to code. Maybe some brief tutorial about div blocks sidebars, structure of page can be good to have handy.

Thanks,

Do you have some idea of examples of OCS customizations?

Helo, I can share css file for OJS, but I do not have experience with customizing OCS.

Veki

Dear Veki

Could you direct me to a site which has a css file so I can the end result? Thanks!

I work as the journal staff and have no background in code. I see that browser inspect function of a website fully helpful …