Reviewers and ORCID

Hi all,

Just recently the editors came up with an idea to link OJS reviewers with ORCIDs as well. Similar as for the authors. So that number of accomplished reviews can be seen on the ORCID profile of a reviewer.

To me the idea makes sense. What do you think about it?

Regard, Primož

PS: I have not checked if ORCID supports that or has any plans to do so.

1 Like

Hi Primož,

I think this is an excellent idea. Giving credit to reviewers is crucial for a better scholarly publishing process. And ORCID definitely supports this via their API, and the ORCID Profile Plugin would be a good place to start working on this.

I’ve had some brief discussions with @Dulip_Withanage about this and he hopefully joins in the discussion here.

1 Like

Forgot a link to the ORCID docs about peer review records: Peer Review – ORCID

I support this feature request.

I also agree that the feature should be added to the ORCID Profile Plugin

Dear all
As journal publisher that used ReviewerCredit or Publons able to advocate their reviewer to integrating the record into ORCID. Here is an example ORCID

Thanks

Dear all,
was this feature integrated into the ORCID Profile Plugin? I am currently looking into options for recognizing reviewer contributions. It would be great to have this feature in the plugin.
Best
Gunther Maier

Hi @gunthermaier,

Yes, recent releases of the ORCID Profile Plugin includes support for review deposits.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,
That sound as a great news. Where can I find information on how the plug in works for reviewers? Has it been implemented in a similar fashion as for the authors (specific ORCID authorization email sent to the reviewer when he/she submit his/her review)?
Thanks!
Pierre

Hi @asmecher
That’s a really good news!
Thanks so much for your (the whole team) commitment with the PKP open source software.
Is the new review deposit feature documented in the plugin docs?
I was not able to find it.
Rino

Hi @razzi,

See this issue:

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like