How did you upgrade the code?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

@asmecher,

Shell.

Paul

Hi @Paul_Chen,

Have a look at the .tar.gz for OJS 3.1.0-1 and I think you’ll find that the line of code quoted above does appear in lib/pkp/classes/i18n/PKPLocale.inc.php. Upgrading the code for OJS should’ve resulted in that code being present in your installation as well. Do you have any idea why that file doesn’t seem to be the same as the 3.1.0-1 version?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher,

I am sorry I looked at the wrong file in class/i18n. That specific file does have that line.

Paul

@asmecher,

I saw you have released 3.1.1. I am going to try upgrading to this version instead. Please let me know what I should do with define(‘LOCALE_COMPONENT_PKP_COMMON’, 0x00000001);.

Thank you very much.

Paul

Hi @Paul_Chen,

If that line is in the file, then no need to do anything with it. Please give the 3.1.1 release a try, and report back if you have the same problem.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher,

I got exactly the same problem when upgrading to 3.1.1.

Paul

@asmecher,

Good morning. I ran the web based upgrade method just a few moments ago. I got one single error: 405 Method Not Allowed. I found this thread but no solution there: 405 Not allowed problem - #2 by asmecher

Paul

Hi @asmecher,

I am very happy I have solved the DB error associated with Max_join_size which occurs when viewing the lists of manuscripts in the editor panel. Here is what I did: I added

mysql_query("SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1");

below line 175

function &retrieveRange($sql, $params = false, $dbResultRange = null, $callHooks = true) {

in /lib/pkp/classes/db/DAO.inc.php. It should look like this after the modification:

function &retrieveRange($sql, $params = false, $dbResultRange = null, $callHooks = true) {
		mysql_query("SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1");
		if ($callHooks === true && checkPhpVersion('4.3.0')) {

I found out the problem by turning on show_stacktrace in config.inc.php.

So I have a working 2.4.8 and am still trying to upgrade it to 3.1.1 with your help.

Thanks a lot.

Paul

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

I am having serious problem with my journal. The situation is very strange. I will try to make it clear to you.

1. I upgraded the OJS to 2.4.8 using a copy of the 2.3.3 DB.
  2. I renamed the folders so that 2.4.8 is in production folder and the 2.3.3 is a backup copy.
  3. I switched back and forth between these two copies. No matter which copy was used, the PDFs displayed as blank and clicking on word documents in submission management pages does not go anywhere. I assumed I didn’t change anything to the database or the file structures by switching the two versions, am I right?
  4. So I did a test submission. I was able to click and download that document only.
  5. file_dir location is very weird. It shows as home2/files when I checked it using shell command but I have to use home1/files as the file_dir in config.inc.php to see the test submission.
  6. It seems to me the links on pages are not connected to the files. What went wrong?

This is affecting my production site. Your response shall be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Hi @Paul_Chen,

Some of this will depend on the specifics of your server but it does sound to me like your files_dir is wrong; that would explain why your existing PDFs etc. cannot be downloaded.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I compared the some folders on website with those I downloaded a couple of days ago. The file names are different and some files are missing. I don’t know how this would happen. I hope my hosting service has backup.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Paul

I inserted above code but the error with database is the same. Any other idea how to solve DB ERROR. MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay ?
I have got problem with loading Users in OJS 3.1.2.
Regards,
Lazar