Reports all blank OJS 2.4.5

No errors appear in the log file when I generate a report.

Hi @sherrikeller,

Which reports are you trying?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

All of them, except for the COUNTER report. There isn’t a 2018 option on that page.

Just tried generating a custom report and it came up blank as well.

Hi @sherrikeller,

Does your journal have published content, or is it all currently unpublished?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I’ve been publishing content for three years online, with back issues to 1991.

Hi @sherrikeller,

Hmm, it’s difficult to guess without knowing your data, but if there are no relevant error log entries, there may be a data integrity problem that’s preventing OJS from fetching the articles. Looking at the articles report, for example, it expects an editorial decision to be recorded in the workflow for each article. Is it possible that you have none of these?

If your journal has had a storied history, is there anything particularly unusual that I should know about? Do you know if it’s been modified?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Most of the time, I use the Quick Submit plugin to upload the galleys, since OJS has not been adopted by the editorial staff.

Authors submit through OJS, the editor grabs the word document, it goes through review, editing, layout and proofing, then I create an entirely new article through the plugin.

The report system worked fine until the latest hacking incident last year.

Hi @sherrikeller,

Hmm, in that case the break-in must have modified something. Cleaning up after a break-in is a little technical by nature, I’m afraid. The way I’d go about cleaning this up is to use a standard tool like diff to compare the installed version against the version you’re running – this kind of tool will look exhaustively for differences between two sets of files. But it’ll require command-line access, and knowledge of how to use the command line.

I’m afraid there’s not much I can do from here to go beyond that advice – the possibilities for what changed are unguessable.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

OH I HAVE ERRORS NOW

[12-Apr-2018 13:04:15 America/New_York] ojs2 has produced an error
Message: WARNING: array_combine() expects parameter 1 to be array, null given
In file: /home/canadi16/public_html/controllers/statistics/form/ReportGeneratorForm.inc.php
At line: 170
Stacktrace:
Server info:
PHP Version: 5.4.45
Apache Version: N/A
DB Driver: mysql
DB server version: 10.0.34-MariaDB
[12-Apr-2018 13:04:20 America/New_York] ojs2 has produced an error
In file: /home/canadi16/public_html/controllers/statistics/form/ReportGeneratorForm.inc.php
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[12-Apr-2018 13:05:19 America/New_York] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[12-Apr-2018 13:05:23 America/New_York] ojs2 has produced an error
Stacktrace:
Server info:
[12-Apr-2018 14:18:38 America/New_York] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[12-Apr-2018 14:18:39 America/New_York] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[12-Apr-2018 14:18:42 America/New_York] ojs2: 404 Not Found
[12-Apr-2018 14:18:43 America/New_York] ojs2: 404 Not Found

Hi @sherrikeller,

You can resolve that warning by following these instructions, but I don’t think that’ll resolve the greater problem of blank reports.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I keep getting this error
Usage statistics file loader task - 5acef29e751a8 - Error

[2018-04-12 01:46:07] [Notice] Task process started.

[2018-04-12 01:46:11] [Notice] File
/home/canadi16/files/usageStats/processing/usage_events_20180411.log was
processed and archived.

[2018-04-12 01:46:11] [Notice] Task process stopped.

Hi @sherrikeller

It seems to be the same bug as described in the PKP old support forum here: https://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=8917. Thus this changes could fix that: Merge pull request #316 from ulsdevteam/fix-usagestats-loader-return-… · pkp/ojs@242d4b2 · GitHub

Best,
Bozana

Is there not a way to check permissions on folders or files or something? The client is asking for statistics.

I am able to log in to SSH on my server, and have the command line ready.

Is there a certain folder I should do a diff on?

Hi @sherrikeller

You can either just edit that file and add that “return” at the correct place or, if you are using the diff, then you would probably need to run the “patch -p1 file.diff” command from your ojs folder.

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana, I was actually meaning how to do a diff that will show me if there are any lingering changes from the hacking, as @asmecher mentioned. But I will try to edit that file, thank you :slight_smile:

I don’t know if I’m supposed to run a diff on the entire installation, or a certain folder. I’m also not sure how to compare the existing files to files that I have in my download folder or somewhere else offsite.

I need to know what to put for the path to the files/folders, essentially.

Hi @sherrikeller

Hmmm…
I only read you post with the error e-mails that you get – my answer was only for that, to try to solve that.

But, concerning the other issue – the blank reports: could you describe what exactly you do/click and what do you get? For example do you get a file for download when you click on “Articles Report” and “OJS usage statistics report” or just nothing? Also, just to confirm once more: could you watch in your server php error log file while you are doing this to see if an error occurs?
You could download the clean OJS 2.4.5 release and unpack it in a folder on your server. Then, you could run something like diff -u -r -N path/to/ojs-2_4_5 path/to/your_OJS > ojs.diff. That would write the result in the file ojs.diff, that you can then investigate.
If you could send me just your packaged OJS code (but you should remove all the sensible files from it, e.g. the .htaccess file, the config.inc.php file, the public folder, the files folder, etc.), than I can try to compare it with the clean release code…

Best
Bozana