Removing a round of review OJS 3.0.2.0

I would like to remove a round of review that was accidentally initiated in OJS3.0.2.0. Is there an easy way to do this that does not involve interacting with the PHP code?

1 Like

Hi @JManager_Murmuration,

See this discussion: New review round while previous review round has not been finished yet

Until those are implemented, you’d need to remove the review round from the review_rounds table in the database. Make sure you do this before you’ve assigned any reviews to the review round.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

2 Likes

Thanks for this post, removed the entry from review_rounds worked great. One point, also changed the status of the first round to the correct status id so that it didn’t still appear as complete when it wasn’t. Had to search the code base to figure which was the correct status id (searched for the sentence that appears at the top of the page and found the xml file at ojs/lib/pkp/locale/en_US/submission.xml).

It would be REALLY helpful if there was a pop-up warning “are you sure you want to initiate round 2”… because after 100 reviews, I’ve clicked on “send to review” thinking it was the first round and mucked things up. #featurerequest

2 Likes

hi @asmecher @freeform-sg ,

We’ve just run into this issue too, i.e. a submission was put into round 2 review before round 1 ever happened. Is there any issue with proceeding directly with the 2nd round, i.e. skip the 1st round enirely?

If this does need to be fixed at the DB level, can you confirm the exact steps. Looking at the database I can see 2 rows for the submission as below

Is it just a case of removing the second review as follows:

DELETE FROM review_rounds WHERE review_round_id = 80;

Do I need to set the ‘status’ column value to anything other than ‘6’? Are any other tables affected and need to be changed?

Thanks very much,

Eoghan

Would love to learn the reply to you from @asmecher or others. I also found that there was no way for reviewers in round 2 to see round 1 anymore. They wanted to go back and see the first round version and it was blinded to them. It would be great to toggle access for when it is the same reviewers reviewing the paper in round 2.

hi @asmecher would appreciate your advice here. Thanks, Eoghan

@eocarragain, the ability to remove a review round has not been added, and the feature request is being tracked here: Improve "New Review Round" behavior · Issue #3585 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thanks @asmecher, good to know. In the meantime is your advice still to handle this in the DB and if so does my previous comment cover what needs to be done?

Thanks very much,
Eoghan

Hi @eocarragain,

What specific version of OJS are you using?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher
Sorry - I missed your response.
We’re on 3.2.1.1
Thanks a amil
Eoghan

Hi @eocarragain,

To manually delete a review round, you’ll need to remove it from the review_rounds table. You can find the review_round_id primary key by hovering over the review round tab in the Editor’s workflow and looking in the URL for the reviewRoundId URL parameter (“Round 1” in the image below):

Screenshot from 2021-10-20 18-27-56

You’ll also have to remove entries with that review_round_id from the review_round_files table.

Make sure to take a good database backup beforehand, and verify that it worked afterwards. We can’t provide much support for manual database interventions.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.