Problem in Ojs 3.0.0 installation

i have ubuntu desktop 16.04 in my virtualbox. my host machine is windows 7. In ubuntu desktop, folders are not copy-paste in another folder.
Secondly, I am not getting ojs installation screen on browser, when I am writing localhost/index…php in the URL.
Plz help

Hi @karanpreet,

Can you provide more detail? I’m not sure what you mean about copy/paste. What happens when you try to access the index.php script? (I see you have index..php instead – is that a typo?)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,
I want to say that I am coping the inbuilt folders of ojs-3.0.0 & pasting them in /var/www but that is not pasting. ‘Paste’ option is not enable when I am pasting. This all I am doing in ubuntu desktop, still folders are not pasting from 1 location to another.
Secondly, I am not getting ojs-3.0.0 installaton screen on web browser. When I type ‘locallhost/index.php’ in the URL, it shows 
Not Found
The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80
Plz help

Hi @karanpreet,

I’m afraid this is outside the scope of OJS support – your questions are more to do with Ubuntu administration than OJS, as you haven’t so far gotten your server to invoke the OJS scripts. I’d suggest posting on stackoverflow.com or similar.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

actually, my host machine is windows 7, I have virtualbox on my host machine. Inside virtualbox, I have installed ubuntu desktop. I have downloaded ojs-3.0.0 on ubuntu, extracted & copied the folder to root directory /var/www/html.

Now, I am not getting ojs-3.0.0 installaton screen on web browser. When I type ‘locallhost/index.php’ in the URL, it shows 
Not Found
The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at localhost Port 80

what I have to do to get the ojs installation screen on web browser. If there is any specific commands or read and write permission.
Plz help

Hi @karanpreet,

Again, I’d suggest trying stackoverflow.com – your question is more to do with system administration than OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Im installing ojs-3.0.0 on ubuntu but Im getting an error:

Warning: file_put_contents(/var/www/ojs-3.0.0/cache/fc-locale-05afc2c4827ae11210c660d134ba1f01.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/classes/cache/FileCache.inc.php on line 90 Call Stack: 0.0002 621152

1. {main}() /var/www/ojs-3.0.0/index.php:0 0.0378 8419512
  2. PKPApplication->execute() /var/www/ojs-3.0.0/index.php:68 0.0391 8903960
  3. Dispatcher->dispatch() /var/www/ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php:227 0.0680 15235712
  4. PKPPageRouter->route() /var/www/ojs-3.0.0/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php:134 0.0819 19308312

Hi @sanjh

does /var/www/ojs-3.0.0/cache exist on your server and is it writeable by the web-server-user (on Ubuntu “www-data” I think)?

Greetings
Hermann

how to correct this? plz explain in detail.

See this thread regarding setting your file permissions: