Polish translation for OJS 3.1

Hello,

I’m happy to inform that an updated pl_PL translation for OJS 3.1 is available for download from here:
https://szmigieldesign.pl/files/ojs-31-pl_PL-19-03-2018.tar.gz

The latest translation is a direct successor of our previous work and was thoroughly checked and edited by my colleague Ewa Rozkosz. It’s complete for Open Access journals and includes translations for plugins installed by default with OJS.

1 Like

Hi @szmigieldesign,

Would you be able to open pull requests in github for the changes?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Yes, although we’ve never worked with Git for translation purposes. How do I proceed having an export from translator plugin? Which repo would I have to clone and overwrite translation files?

Hi @szmigieldesign,

The files in locale would go into the same paths in the OJS repository, and anything in lib/pkp would go into the pkp-lib repository. Some of the plugins have their own repositories; let me know if you’re not sure about something in particular.

There are lots of guides on how to create pull requests, e.g. this one; github will have a bit of a learning curve but in my opinion it’s well worth the effort.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hm, so I’ll have to clone several repos independently and make pull requests for each of them? Split files inside the archive, etc.? I’ll be able to do this but unfortunately I’m short on time at the moment working on several projects.

Hi @szmigieldesign,

Primarily you’d need to work with the ojs and pkp-lib repositories – you wouldn’t get into many more unless you’re translating plugins that don’t already live in those two. In terms of workflow, it’s easiest/quickest to do this if you’re working on translations in a local installation that uses git/github.

One additional benefit from working with git is that it’ll be possible to automatically prevent the accidental reversion of changes/corrections that have been made since the snapshot you’re working with was taken, such as this one.

Regards,
Alec Smecher