PKP PN Plugin publishing issue question

Hello,

We host multiple journals and are running OJS 3.3.0.5. We tested the PKP PN plugin, with the permission from the journals, on several of the journals. We let the rest of our journals know that we were going to start to enable the plugin on the rest of the journals. I haven’t started yet. I got the following question from one of the journals that I am not sure how to answer. In the email to the journals letting them know about the plugin I provided the link to the documentations: PKP Preservation Network. The question from the journal is below:

“We publish an empty issue then add articles to it over a two month period - it looks like every article will prompt a re-deposit of the issue, because it deposits published issues, not articles. Will this publishing model be a problem?”

1 Like

Hi @Stephen,

I’ve asked one of our PKP PN team members to weigh in on this and here’s what they had to say:

“Since the creation of a deposit is triggered on the publication of an issue, a deposit should be created when the first article is added to the continuous publication issue. Each addition of an article to the continuous publication issue should trigger an update to that deposit, as the original poster describes. However, I don’t know if this has ever been tested.”

I hope this helps clarify the issue.

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Just confirming that this case should be covered by the plugin.

Best,
Jonas