Participants Query Translation. What could be wrong?

Hello.

I’m using the OJS system for the first time for a geographic institute project in my country, so I need the whole system in the brazillian portuguese language.

So, I could normally install the language and I could do without problems some residual translations that were missing, in the xml files inside the locale folder. But in a specific case I don’t know what to do exactly.

I put some images links to illustrate the fields I’m talking about. Is a list of participants inside the comment area, in the evaluation stage of the submissions.

Translation Query Issues

Reference in english for the same screen

Could you guide me how do I fix this kind of query and translate it into my language? Tell me if you need more info about that issue. Ok?

Thanks in advance.

Hello. Could anyone help me with this? I really need help. This is the only issue that is stopping my project right now.

If there is already a topic speaking the translation of querys in the forum or somewhere on the site, let me know because I could not find.

If you need more details, I can also provide.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Agencia_OD,

See https://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Translating_OxS for details; the Brazilian Portuguese translation is not complete in your installation. (Before translating OJS, I’d suggest upgrading to the latest version to make sure it hasn’t already been done.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello. Thank you very much for the response, and I apologize for the delay.

I’m going to dedicate myself to this over this weekend. I’m not so good with codes so I think I will need to reread a few times to understand, looks a little confused to me, for now at least. So maybe need a orientation on some topics. But return with the doubt, if happens. Ok?

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.

hi, I have two recommendations:

(1) if you are not using OJS 3.1.1.4, then you need an upgrade to this version!

(2) if the problem persists, the install Translator plugin, first login as Admin and follow this steps:

Settings > Website > Plugins > Plugin Gallery (here you can install Translator plugin)

After installing this plugin you will need to recall the page, and a new tab will be available: Translate

In this tab, you can add some texts that are not translated yet into your language! but is very important update OJS to 3.1.1-4 because I think this version has some improves in translates (in Spanish I know this is right but can’t sure in Portuguese)

:wink:

Hi all,

@t4x0n, thanks, that’s good advice!

Also tagging @mtub, who manages translation, in case he has more to add.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team