Order of Contributors resets after creating new Version of Publication

Description of issue or problem I’m having:
When I create a new version for an already published submission, the OJS resets the order of contributors in the Contributors menu item from the order I defined, to an alphabetical order by name.

Steps I took leading up to the issue:
Upgrade OJS 3.1.2-4 TO OJS 3.2.1-4

Application Version - e.g., OJS 3.1.2:
OJS 3.2.1-4

Additional information, such as screenshots and error log messages if applicable:
Screenshot OJS Publication

Thanks, @Journals. I tested and can confirm that this is also the case in 3.3.0-8. @NateWr - would you know if this is something that is intentional - or something that should be fixed/addressed in a future versoin?

-Roger
PKP Team

@rcgillis …thank you for your answer. We sometimes have submissions with 10+ authors. If we want to correct a little typo we always have to reorder the contributors back. It would be nice if this could be fixed in the future / that the contribution list ist ordered by field “seq”.

This is definitely not intentional. Can I ask if this impacts the order of the authors on the published item (ie - where the authors appear in a list under the title) or just in the author grid?

It seems to reset the Order in the Grid. The values in the database are not changed for the time being. However, after the next save, the order changed by OJS would be applied again. I.e. the error seems to be in the display of the grid or the grid ignores the “seq” and sets an own order.

I was unable to reproduce this in 3.2.1-4 or 3.3.0-8. I’d recommend trying to see if you can reproduce the problem in a fresh install (or on the test drive site).