OMP Unable to rearrange chapters

Added files to a Publication format, and renamed them filename->actual chapter name, but forgot one chapter. Added that last, and it appears last. Problem is that it was chapter 1. I cannot find a way to move it to the top of the list. If I have to add all the files again I’ll lose the renaming.

no

Hi @geirrosset,

You can re-order your chapters in the “Catalog Entry” pop-up at the top of the page. (It would be clearer to have this available where you’re looking too, I agree.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Then I have a problem. I cannot see the chapters anywhere in the Catalogue Entry pop-up. It has four tabs. Monograph, Catalogue, Identifiers and PDF (which seems to have very little to do with PDFs). Nowhere are the chapters listed. Do you have a screen shot of your Catalogue Entry pop-up window?

Hi @geirrosset,

Here’s the top…

…then, a little further down…

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Ok.

I created a Publication format and clicked select files then added all the chapter pdfs which already had the correct chapter titles. Only intuitive way I could see to add them. They do not appear under chapters in the catalogue entry tab. This could use some work UI wise in my opinion. Why is my way even an option? For an anthology I get that we want to have the option to have several authors, but adding the chapters should still only be possible in one place.

Best regards
Geir Røsset

Hi @geirrosset,

Generally the submitter would create the chapters during the submission process, and if I recall correctly, should be able to select a chapter when uploading the files. If that’s not done during submission then you’ll be stuck cleaning up the data with a process like the one you described.

We’ve struggled with the data model for this, and one outcome of that is the UI/UX to set it up is also unclear. This is in part because no two presses seem to have the expectations, but it’s particularly compounded by the ONIX standard, which has a very convoluted view of how books are composed, and which OMP was implemented to meet. Which is to say, we’re aware that it’s confusing, but unfortunately it’s very tricky to improve while meeting all the requirements involved.

Regards,
Alec Smecher