OMP supported PHP versions

Working on installing OMP. Its README says support versions include “PHP >= 7.3”. I see a number of errors like this:

Deprecated: Return type of ADODB_Iterator_empty::current() should either be compatible with Iterator::current(): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /usr/local/hnetomp/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/adodb/adodb-php/adodb.inc.php on line 3149

at the top of each page. Various methods, line numbers, etc. PHP 8.1.5, MariaDB 10.6.7.
I got through the install script, did a pw reset, can log in, but things aren’t right – e.g. all of the profile tabs are completely empty.

Hi @drboone,

What specific version of OMP are you using (e.g. 3.3.0-10- [please include this in your posts])?

-Roger
PKP Team

Sorry, thought I had. 3.3.0-9.

3.3.0-10 exhibits the same issues. Another symptom is that on the install form, many fields were pre-filled with php error strings like “
Deprecated: strstr(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /usr/local/hnetomp/cache/t_compile/2122dd4b4d038d06701b7a5cbc73d21546ea835d_0.app.formtextInput.tpl.php on line 126
omp”.

The README should indicate that PHP 7.3 is the minimum requirement, and that 8.0 is the newest which will work. OMP DOES NOT WORK with PHP 8.1.