OMP - protected PDF files showing free after publication / OMP - arquivos protegidos de PDF aparecem livres após publicação

Hi!

I am trying to submit protected PDF files to OMP and keep them in open acess, so people can download the file, but can’t copy the content . However, after publication, the protected file appears free, allowing copying, it is as if the OMP is breaking the file protection. I am using version 3.1.2.1. I’ve tried using different internet browsers, I’ve deleted the book and submitted it again a lot of times and I’ve tried to find some information here, without success. Could anyone tell me if it is a software standard or if it is an error and if so, how can I fix it?

Best Regards,

Ruthléa Nascimento

Olá!

Estou tentando enviar arquivos PDF protegidos para OMP e mantê-los em acesso aberto, para que as pessoas possam baixar o arquivo, mas não possam copiar o conteúdo. Porém, após a publicação, o arquivo protegido aparece livre, permitindo a cópia, como se o OMP estivesse desbloqueando o arquivo. Estou usando a versão 3.1.2.1. Já tentei usar diferentes navegadores de internet, já apaguei o livro e o reenviei várias vezes e tentei encontrar algumas informações aqui, sem sucesso. Alguém poderia me dizer se é um padrão de software ou se é um erro e, em caso afirmativo, como posso corrigir isso?

Meus sinceros cumprimentos,

Ruthléa Nascimento

Hello @ruthlea,

What settings are set in the PDF to do this? I assume that you use Acrobat or some other kind of PDF editor. This seems peculiar. I don’t know that OMP would modify the PDF file itself in this manner.

Roger
Public Knowledge Project Staff

@rcgillis Hei. I have the same problem. I have a protected pdf file already uploaded on OMP. the point is that on the web version, when we open it, then possible to copy the text but when we download the file locally, then not possible to copy the text.
How can we manage that on the web version as well?

Thanks