OMP native XML export/import

Hello,

I am using OMP 3.1.0 and testing OMP native export/import plugin. As far as I have figured out the plugin exports only partial monograph data. E.g. cover image and categories are not exported.
Can you please let me know if my understanding is correct or I am missing something?

Regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

The short answer is that not all data is included in the import/export, but we’ll be working gradually to include more comprehensive coverage (see e.g. Extend native import/export plugin to include additional entities · Issue #3261 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub). Pull requests are also welcome.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

Thank you for the confirmation. Too bad to hear that, but I understand. Unfortunately I don’t have enough knowledge to help with the implementation I am sorry :frowning:

Actually I have asked for the OMP, but the issue you mentioned is OJS focused. What I would try to accomplish is to automatically “import” quite a number of books from home grown portal. So I wanted to use native XML import functionality. I guess if the export doesn’t contain certain data then also import doesn’t. That unfortunately means some manual work is needed.

Best regards, Primož

Hi @primozs,

OJS and OMP both share quite a bit of common import/export code, so that issue actually applies to both.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team