OMP Metadata Export

Hi team,

I was wondering if there were any plans to implement metadata exports in the following areas for OMP:

• Crossref
  • DOAB
  • JSTOR
  • ONIX (various formats e.g. 2.0, 3.0 etc)
  • Any others!

OJS seems well set up for this, so I was wondering if there were plans for OMP to follow suit, or whether I should look into a metadata management and export system.

Best wishes,
Rebecca

1 Like

Hi @rebeccauoe

OMP already exports in ONIX format. The spec isn’t fully implemented because ONIX is huge but you can definitely export and get a valid ONIX document.

Best
Jason

Thanks, Jason! That’s great. Any ideas about the other formats? Rebecca.

Hi @rebeccauoe

Crossref export is available in OJS but not in OMP. The other ones are also not available in OMP. They could be added, however, as community built export plugins.

Best
Jason

Thanks, Jason. I’ve been approached by a company that offer metadata exports in various formats for books, but I just wanted to check if OMP would be implementing any of these in the future (it’s so useful to have Crossref and DOAJ on OJS, for example). Sadly we don’t have the resource to build a community plugin. Hopefully OMP will have more metadata export options in future upgrades :slight_smile:
Best,
Rebecca

1 Like

I agree that the CrossRef XML Export plugin would be very useful for OMP. The CrossRef XML export plugin in OJS works perfectly. I guess it just needs some modifications?

1 Like