OMP Error accessing publication format metadata

Hi,

I’m facing a error accessing publication format metadata, the tab does not load properly:

Two errors in php.log:

[26-Nov-2021 11:20:33 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function getId() on null in /var/www/livros/html/plugins/generic/funding/FundingPlugin.inc.php:158
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/livros/html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): FundingPlugin->addSubmissionDisplay()
#1 /var/www/livros/html/lib/pkp/classes/template/PKPTemplateManager.inc.php(1518): HookRegistry::call()
#2 /var/www/livros/html/cache/t_compile/4838d1eb315c43da6fc0c608df23899f50941f69^1a43403fc96a795020edfbc1cc6004aa859621c9_0.app.frontendobjectsmonographf.php(796): PKPTemplateManager->smartyCallHook()
#3 /var/www/livros/html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_resource_base.php(123): content_619b96d4d8a214_73454043()
#4 /var/www/livros/html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_template_compiled.php(114): Smarty_Template_Resource_Base->getRenderedTemplateCode()
#5 /var/www/livros/html/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(216): Smarty_Template_Compiled->render()
#6 /va in /var/www/livros/html/plugins/generic/funding/FundingPlugin.inc.php on line 158

and

[root@krasnayashapochka php-fpm]# tail /var/opt/remi/php74/log/php-fpm/www-error.log -f 80
==> /var/opt/remi/php74/log/php-fpm/www-error.log <==
[26-Nov-2021 11:23:05 America/Sao_Paulo] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: PublicationFormatMetadataForm was instantiated without required dependencies. in /var/www/livros/html/controllers/grid/catalogEntry/form/PublicationFormatMetadataForm.inc.php:62
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/livros/html/controllers/grid/catalogEntry/PublicationFormatGridHandler.inc.php(584): PublicationFormatMetadataForm->__construct()
#1 /var/www/livros/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(395): PublicationFormatGridHandler->editFormatMetadata()
#2 /var/www/livros/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest()
#3 /var/www/livros/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(144): PKPComponentRouter->route()
#4 /var/www/livros/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(362): Dispatcher->dispatch()
#5 /var/www/livros/html/index.php(64): PKPApplication->execute()
#6 {main}
thrown in /var/www/livros/html/controllers/grid/catalogEntry/form/PublicationFormatMetadataForm.inc.php on line 62

I recently upgraded from version 3.1.0.0 to 3.3.0.8

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira

HI all,

Some help please?

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira

I don’t know if it can help, but check if you have the Gettext module installed in your PHP, and OMP3.3.08 needs PHP7.3 version.

1 Like

Hi @Tarcisio_Pereira,

For the first error, have you tried disabling the FundingPlugin and seeing how it works without the plugin enabled? You may just need to update the plugin to the latest version or see if it’s compatible with OMP 3.3.

For the second error, you could try deleting the composer dependencies for pkp-lib and reinstalling them. From your OMP root directory, these can be found in lib/pkp/lib/vendor If you remove that directory and reinstall the dependencies as described in the OMP readme file, that may help.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

1 Like

Hi @ewhanson

The first error was solved by disabling funding plugin.
But I couldn’t resolve the second error.
I tried to reinstall the dependencies like you told me but the error remains.
Do you have any more ideas what I can do?

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira

Hi @Tarcisio_Pereira,

It looks like this is unrelated to the composer dependencies after all. This error is coming from here:

This form requires a PublicationFormat to already exist in order to be instantiated. Could you try creating a publication format, reloading the page, and then attempting to view the Publication Format metadata tab? There may be a bug where the metadata tab should not display until a Publication Format is created.

Let me know if that works.

Regards,

Erik
PKP Team

Hi @ewhanson

Yes, there is a bug.
Creating the publication format first works like a charm.
Thank you.

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira.