[OMP] Displaying bio in catalog/book/#abstractTab

Hi Alec,

could you explain how to display author biography in the Synopsis tab?

I read this thread: I have to create a new record in author_settings?

Thank you, best regards
Angelo

Hi @angelo_ventriglia,

Have you entered biography information in the author records? As Editor, click the Catalog button at the top of the workflow area for the submission and under “List of Contributors” edit each of the authors.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

It works!

So this record can be managed only by the Editor, that will copy the text from author profile and paste it in the Catalog field?

Thanks
Angelo

Hi @angelo_ventriglia,

When the author begins the submission process, they can enter this (and it’ll be pre-filled with information from their own user profile). After the submission process is completed, it’ll need to be done by an editor or series editor as a metadata change.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec
Isn’t there an error (bug) here, cause if one of our authors puts information into the bio statement field, it is lost when I continue the publishing process. I go directly from accepting the manuscript to the publishing process.
Regards
Niels Erik

Hi @nef,

Can you clarify the steps you follow to replicate the problem? (And which version of OMP are you using?)

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Hi Alec
I’m using version: 1.1.1.1
The problems occur twice

1. Although an author is registered as a user with a Bio Statement the text will be replaced by a < under the upload process (see image below)
  2. Although the author corrects that and fill out the Bio Statement field again the same error occurs when I as an editor is publishing the manuscript (see image below)
    The result is the < tag under biography

Hi @nef,

Could you try applying the patch linked here?

It should be applied from the lib/pkp subdirectory.

Please report if that works and I’ll commit it to the repository.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Thank you, now it works perfect
Regards
Niels Erik

Hi @nef,

Thanks for confirming! I’ve committed that fix for the next release.

Regards,
Alec Smecher