[OMP] Catalog entry ordering issue

Hi everyone,

I’m running into an issue with the ordering of the catalog entries in OMP, and am hoping for some guidance on where to look.

The issue is that the chapters and publication types for this publication don’t seem to be ordered correctly, where “Buy a print copy” is appearing between “Introduction” and “Chapter 1”. I’ve tried removing and re-adding the “Buy a print copy” entry and clearing caches, but it continues to sort there.

Is there a particular template file I should be looking at, or something else that might be causing this issue? I didn’t see any straightforward way in the UI to re-order them.

Thanks!

Hi @kaitlin,

What version of OMP are you running?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher, we’re on 1.2.0

Hi @kaitlin,

Can you clarify how you’ve organized your content? Do you have each chapter entered as a different publication format?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, all of the chapters are set as Digital Assets, and the “Buy a print copy” entry is set as Paperback/softback.

Hi @kaitlin,

Could you post a screenshot of your Production area for that submission?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

Here it is!

Hi @kaitlin,

Ah, it looks like you’ve created a separate publication format for each chapter rather than uploading all the chapters under one publication format. Is there a reason you’ve done that?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

We do the hosting/software management for multiple schools, so this was one of our users that organized it this way, but I can certainly ask them. Would this be causing the sorting problem?

If I had to guess, I would think they wanted all the chapters to also be individually downloadable.

Hi @kaitlin,

Chapters can be ordered, but publication formats currently cannot. Because the chapters appear individually in their own publication formats, the chapter order is made irrelevant.

It’s possible to associate files with chapters, permitting their individual download – this can either be done during the submission process, or afterwards by editing each chapter and adding the files to its list.

Regards,
Alec Smecher