OMP 3.4.0.0 throws syntax error SQLSTATE[42000] while installation

Hello ,

I was in the procsss of manual installation of OMP on Centos 7 with PHP 8.0.15, MYSQL 5.5, Apache 2.2.
However , I get the following error after clicking ‘Install Open Monograph press’ i.e

Errors occurred during installation A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1280 Incorrect index name 'sessions_user_id' (SQL: alter table `sessions` add index `sessions_user_id`(`user_id`))

Following is the screenshot of the same :

What could be the issue?. How do I resolve this ?.

Tested on another server as well with same environment . There also I get the same issue.

Can you please replicate?.

Hello ,

Getting same issue with OMP 3.4.0.1 . Also I checked with OJS(Open Journal Systems) and OPS(Open Preprint Systems) on same above environment and getting the following issues i.e

OMP:-

A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1280 Incorrect index name 'sessions_user_id' (SQL: alter table sessionsadd indexsessions_user_id(user_id))

OPS:-

A database error has occurred: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1280 Incorrect index name 'server_settings_server_id' (SQL: alter table server_settingsadd indexserver_settings_server_id(server_id))

However , installation works fine when I switched to a different server with MYSQL 5.6.

However MYSQL 4.1+ is mentioned in requirements
System requirements

Are the MYSQL requirements changed ?

Also while upgrading from 3.3.0.14 to 3.4.0.1 throws : A database error has occurred: Contact name or email is missing for context(s) with path(s) [test]. Please set those before upgrading , in all OMP , OJS , OPS . is there any resolution for the same ?.

Kindly let me know .

I am encountering the same problem on a clean install.

I received a report of this same error on an Ubuntu 22.04 with MySQL 8.0.33 and PHP 8.1.2 (system defaults) freshly installed when trying to install OJS 3.4.

Installation of OJS 3.3 worked.

Hi all,

I can confirm that OJS/OMP/OPS require a MySQL version of at least 5.7.22. I’ll bump the requirement in our documentation.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello @asmecher ,

Thanks for your reply.

I can confirm that OJS/OMP/OPS require a MySQL version of at least 5.7.22. I’ll bump the requirement in our documentation.

That will be really good.

Is there any resolution regarding the upgrade which I have asked .

Regarding the error i.e :

While upgrading from 3.3.0.14 to 3.4.0.1 throws : A database error has occurred: Contact name or email is missing for context(s) with path(s) [test]. Please set those before upgrading.

Hi @rckab7,

OJS 3.4.0-x requires that every journal have a contact name and email. Your OJS 3.3.0-x install doesn’t for the journal called “test”; go to that setup field in OJS 3.3.0-x and add a contact name and email, then back up your database and run the upgrade process to 3.4.0-x.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher ,

Can this be added to the upgrade procedure itself?. Or rather kept optional , so that upgrade completes successfully and users can add that email later on .

Is this possible ?.

Kindly let me know.

Hi @rckab7,

The upgrade process is currently not interactive, i.e. we don’t (yet) have tools to ask and answer questions for both the command-line and web-based upgrades. If we have a future need for this, I might re-evaluate – but I expect this will probably be a one-off.

Details on why the contact information is now mandatory are described here:

Regards,
Alec Smecher

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.