OMP 3.3.0 upgrade error

Getting the following error on running the upgrade via command line:

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘omp.journal_settings’ doesn’t exist (SQL: select js.journal_id as id, js.setting_value as locales from journal_settings as js inner join journals as j on j.journal_id = js.journal_id where js.setting_name = supportedFormLocales)

which is weird, because as far as I know OMP doesn’t have journal tables?

Initially, I was upgrading from 3.1.2 and so I thought these may have snuck in in one of the interim upgrades - so I reset and upgraded version by version, which went fine until the latest version 3.3 at which point the above error was again displayed.

In case it helps, if I then try and run the upgrade again, the error changes to:

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘url’ in ‘field list’ (SQL: select url, navigation_menu_item_id from navigation_menu_items where context_id = 1)

Any ideas?

Hi @believedigital,

The issue:

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘omp.journal_settings’ doesn’t exist (SQL: select js.journal_id as id, js.setting_value as locales from journal_settings as js inner join journals as j on j.journal_id = js.journal_id where js.setting_name = supportedFormLocales)

…will be resolved by [stable-3_3_0] pkp/pkp-lib#6710 upgrade unused journal/press localized settings by Vitaliy-1 · Pull Request #6721 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub, which we’re just finalizing a patch for. Once that’s done we’ll release OMP 3.3.0-3 with the fix included (if you’d rather not apply the patch to 3.3.0-2 directly).

The second message:

ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘url’ in ‘field list’ (SQL: select url, navigation_menu_item_id from navigation_menu_items where context_id = 1)

…is expected behaviour when running an upgrade after a failed upgrade, i.e. you’ll need to restore your database from backup before trying again.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Just to confirm, upgrading to latest release has worked, thanks

1 Like