OMP 3.2 problem with cover image

Hello,
we are still beginner in OMP and have installed a test installation OMP 3.2.1-1.
We want do upload a cover image for a catalog entry which is already published. We unpublish the version and upload the cover image. If we try to save, we get the error message “The series for this publication could not be found.”. We have no series, so we can not select one. What we are doing wrong?
Thanks Constanze
error_save_coverimage2

Hi @decker,

Is it possible that this submission used to be associated with a series that you have since deleted?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,
no, it still didn’t exist any series.
Sometimes it is possible to add a cover image without error and I get the same error, if I delete an existing cover image und try to save.
I have found out the following. I have had a look to table “publications” in the database, I see that “series_id” is set to “0”. If I set this to “NULL”, I can change the cover image. Could this be the reason for the error and if yes how can I correct it?
Regards
Constanze Decker

Hi @decker,

Ah – and apologies for the delay! – that NULL vs. 0 discrepancy is very likely the problem. Can you determine a set of repeatable steps that create a 0 value for series_id in the database?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec,

if I see it right, the series_id is set to 0 in the following cases:

• a submission is published without cover image, then it is unpublished, a cover image is added (in Menu Catalog Entry) and it is published again, after that the seried_id is set to 0.
  • a submission is in publication process, the cover image is uploaded (in Menu Catalog Entry), after saving this entry the series_id is set to 0 and an error occured when publishing the submission.

I hope, this information will help you.

Regards
Constanze Decker

Hi Constanze,

just wanted to let you know, I will look into the problem and I will come back to you in the coming days.

Best wishes,
Dulip

Hi Constanze,

I have gone through the steps, you have suggested with the OMP 3.2.1 branch and could not recreate the issue as you described.
Can you confirm and check, if you have the latest version of the stable-3_2_1 branch ?
I have tested with the latest commit to the stable-3_2_1 branch.

omp

Hi Dulip,
we use OMP 3.2.1-1 Build.
I get the error with the cover-image if I don’t select a serie (because there is no serie defined). In your video you choose a serie and it works. But if I have a published submission without serie, I unpublish it and try to add a cover-image, I get an error.
Regards
Constanze
cover_err

Hi Constanze,

I see, I could re-create the problem without any serieses in the OMP 3.2.1
I will look into it and come back to you.

I have the same error.

As a temporary workarround you can actually select the empty string as series (the field is a drodown and altough it seems empty, it has an element: an empty/blank string, which you can select). If you do select this empty string you can continue saving without an error. Maybe it’d be helpful before the fix.

Hi Hanna_u,
thank you for this workaround. It works fine.
Regards Constanze

Hello
please help regarding the book cover, the cover cannot be saved on omp ?

As a temporary workarround you can actually select the empty string as series (the field is a drodown and altough it seems empty, it has an element: an empty/blank string, which you can select). If you do select this empty string you can continue saving without an error. Maybe it’d be helpful before the fix.

have you tried the above solution ?