OMP 3.2 missing languages

Hi,
we have an OMP 3.2.0.0 who is missing all languages but english.
We have all the directories (es_ES ecc.) in /locale/ with po files, and all the rows in /registry/locales.xml (see at the end), but in backend we can’t see languages different from english (see image), nor the command to add languages.
Can someone help?
Best regards
Stefano Bolelli Gallevi

![immagine|690x226](upload://6WKwpHUZ60M0g7n9vzpeBzwLIO9.png)

Hi @bolelligallevi:

Image is not visible. Can you upload again?
Can you confirm your OMP version?, OMP 3.2 is not released yet.

Regards,
Diego

Hi @madileweb, thanks for reply.
I did not installed the software, but I know that after problems with 3.1.2-4 I suggested the IT people looked for other up-to-date version so now I see 3.2.0.0 in the system info, as in the image; I also see that locale files are .po instead og xml, so we will havo to understand how obtain the italian locale, because there is an unofficial italian xml in github, but not a .po version in weblate…
Waiting for your answer, best regards
Stefano

immagine
immagine

Hi @bolelligallevi,

OMP 3.2.0 has not been released yet, so you will definitely have problems with it – we are currently in the testing/translation/bug fix stage, leading for release in the next month or so. I would strongly recommend using the latest release, rather than the master branch.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

thanks for reply, I will forward your advice to our IT team.
Can you tell me if there are problems with the 3.1.2-4? They told me it was missing parts, it is just an update for a previous release? There are differences between 3_1_2-4 and omp-3_1_2-4 in Releases · pkp/omp · GitHub?

As you write you are translating OMP 3.2, am I in time to give you an xml locale for the 3.1.1-1 release to convert to po and have italian built in 3.2?

Best regards
Stefano

Hi @bolelligallevi,

OJS 3.1.2-4 is complete, and there is no difference in github between the 3_1_2-4 and omp-3_1_2-4 tags (we are moving from the 2nd format to the 1st, and in the transitional time are doing both).

I wonder whether your IT folks were downloading the code from Github and not using the submodules or something similar? Releases should be downloaded from the PKP website; if you’re hosting from a git checkout directly, then make sure to include submodules. (This isn’t different e.g. between master and stable branches; we use submodules in all cases.)

Between OJS 3.1.x and what will become 3.2, we moved from XML-based translations to PO-based translations and launched the https://translate.pkp.sfu.ca translation toolset. So the OJS 3.2 release will contain a much more complete Italian translation (shout-out to our excellent Italian translators!) but it’s not easy to back-port that new translation to 3.1.x. This leaves you with two options: 1) wait for 3.2 to be released (1-2 months), or 2) start with 3.1.x (which includes a partial translation) and upgrade to 3.2 when it’s out.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher, thanks for detailed info about install.

Regarding localization I know OJS situation (i’m on weblate ad translator :), I Was asking about OMP, that is lacking at all of an italian translation: if i provide you in these data one Made for 3.1.1, can you put it on weblate and in 3.2 release?

Best regards

Stefano

Hi @bolelligallevi,

Ah, thanks! Yes, I can try to do that; send me a private message and I’ll give it a try.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I have the latest version 3.2.0.3 installed and the same thing happens to me, it does not appear to change the language to Spanish, any recommendations?

Hi @Pandora_ramin,

I believe you’re encountering https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/5640; see that issue for a work-around.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Is empty.
Another solution please.

Hi @Pandora_ramin,

The ; accidentally got included in the link. I’ve corrected it above.

Regards,
Alec Smecher