OMP 1.2b timing?

We’re evaluating publishing platforms; I was encouraged to consider OMP 1.2b instead of (or in addition to) 1.1, particularly in light of this blog post. Any idea when we can expect something in that direction? Even a 1.2a tag in GitHub would be a good start. Thanks!

Hi @crism,

We’re gunning for a Q1 release of OMP 1.2, and currently working from the master branch, both for omp and lib-pkp repositories. If we need to create a fork for OMP 1.2 prior to release we’ll do so, but it hasn’t been necessary yet. If you don’t mind a little bit of bleeding edge, I’d suggest checking it out, and of course we’d welcome your feedback.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks, @asmecher. I wasn’t looking for a fork, just a tag on a (semi)stable state of the tree. I’m setting it up from HEAD now.

Either the docs are incomplete, or the auto-installer is. It looks like pkp-lib has Composer dependencies which prevent the auto-installer from running correctly:

PHP Warning:  require_once(omp_dev/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/ircmaxell/password-compat/lib/password.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in omp_dev/lib/pkp/classes/security/Validation.inc.php on line 16, referer: 

I’m happy to file an issue or to offer a fix, but I’m not sure whether it’s preferable to ask the administrator to run Composer, or for the installer to Just Do It. It looks like the previous distributed releases either didn’t use Composer, or wiped out its traces after gathering the dependencies…

Hi @crism,

You’ll need to…

cd lib/pkp
composer update

(…where composer is from https://getcomposer.org.)

When we build packages for OMP, we’ll include dependencies in the .tar.gz file.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks, @asmecher. Just sent a pull request to clarify that in the readme.