OMP 1.2.0.0 New Submissions Unassigned Table

Under the ‘Submissions-tab’, the ‘My Queue’ their is an ‘Unassigned-table’ on OMP1.2.0.0 the list contains 8 new books submitted. The system shows the first 5 submissions in the queue with a link ‘load more’ at the bottom of the window.

Once the ‘load more’ is selected, the browser states ‘The current role does not have access to this operation.’ The profile being used has all the necessary roles, and is main administrator too.

Finally, the operation cannot be resolved, and the system doesn’t show all the unassigned books after the first 5. Any solution?

Hi @tretief,

I suspect this has been resolved in more recent releases of OMP, so if it’s an option, I’d recommend upgrading.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thanks @asmecher

We just upgraded to OMP 1.2

Could our version be broken, something went wrong with our installation on the server, as we are also struggling to ‘add role’ to users already registered on the OMP.

Additionally, when when we are registering a user from administrative side Step 2 is the allocation of roles. However, clicking on ‘add role’ doesn’t result in any action or selection aavailable. The system doesn’t load and remains on the Step 2 screen ‘add role’. Almost, it is as if the link has no action to perform. The link looks as follows: …ob/management/settings/access#

Could it be that our installation is missing a file to ensure proper operation. I can also confirm that the public cannot register on the platform. Once the registration fields is populated, and the user selects ‘register’ the system doesn’t respond and the webpage remains on the registration page. Your thoughts?

I did found a related forum entry on ‘loading’ see here: OMP-1.2-Submissions Load More we are going to try and see whether it fixes the ‘unassigned table’ loading issue.

Hi @tretief,

Check your PHP error log to see if anything relevant appears. Is there a reason you upgraded to OMP 1.2.0 and not the most recent release (currently 3.1.0)?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher

After some troubleshooting on our end, the resolution is that we are busy upgrading to current release. Thanks for assistance, Trudie