OJS upgrade issues (2.4.6.0 -->3.0.2.0)

Hi @asmecher,

Thanks for your reply, before I received your message above I decided to try setting it in “/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d# vi mysqld.cnf” below section.

[mysqld]
#Basic Settings
group_concat_max_len = 1294967295
user = mysql

To be sure the param is set, I also connected the database using mysql console (mysql -u root -h localhost -p) and successfully issued this command

“SET GLOBAL group_concat_max_len=1294967295”

After that I re-run the migration for 12 hours and it was successfully with message

“Successfully upgraded to version 3.1.1.4”

at the very end.

I would like to sum it up here for others: I ran thru 3 problems:

“1406: Data too long for column ‘contents’ at row 1”

solution in this case I also found somewhere on this forum (too bad did not save url, will update if I can find the page again, here is the link to the conversation of Alec on page 32/52 Upgrade from OJS 2.2.4 to 2.4.8 Error - #33 by RickMath) that you have to change

ojs-3.1.1-4/lib/pkp/xml/schema/notes.xml

from text to long text such as:

from
<field name=“contents” type=“L”/>
to
<field name=“contents” type=“XL”/>

“There are no readable files in this directory tree. Are safe mode or open_basedir active?”

solution for this is to fix data corruption as mentioned above in this post by running query below to find out which records of articles table are corrupted and fix in field section_id

SELECT a.article_id FROM articles a LEFT JOIN sections s ON (a.section_id = s.section_id) WHERE s.section_id IS NULL;

and replace 0 or null in section_id field of table articles with new value where new value can be found as instructed in below quote:

“make sure that every article has a value in its section_id column that corresponds to a section_id in the sections table (with the section’s journal_id the same as the article’s journal_id , i.e. the article’s section must belong to the same journal as the article).” from @asmecher

“1260: Row 8 was cut by GROUP_CONCAT() … ERROR: Upgrade failed: DB: Row 8 was cut by GROUP_CONCAT()”

solution for this is to config your database, or your database engine, or migration script. What I did was:

Set it in “/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d# vi mysqld.cnf” below section.

[mysqld]
#Basic Settings
group_concat_max_len = 1294967295
user = mysql

Also to be sure I did:

connected the database using mysql console (mysql -u root -h localhost -p) and successfully issued this command “SET GLOBAL group_concat_max_len=1294967295”.

Thanks @asmecher and the people of forum for your time.

Dung.