[OJS] Share this (Social Media)

Hi @jmbarroso,

Did you download the .tar.gz file from the “Releases” page?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I downloaded it from here. Releases · pkp/addThis · GitHub

Hugs!

1 Like

Hi @jmbarroso,

Before we debug this further, have you looked in the Plugin Gallery? The AddThis plugin should be there, and available for installation if you’re a Site Administrator.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

If it is there, available to install. But when I hit the install button it does not react.

Do you know what it can be?

Hugs!

Hi @jmbarroso,

Check your PHP error log for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

this is the php error:

Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getBlockContext() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getBlockContext($contextId = NULL) in /srv/www/iberoamericasocial.com/www/ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 130

Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getEnabled() should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getEnabled($contextId = NULL) in /srv/www/iberoamericasocial.com/www/ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 130

Warning: Declaration of CustomBlockPlugin::getContents(&$templateMgr, $request = NULL) should be compatible with BlockPlugin::getContents($templateMgr, $request = NULL) in /srv/www/iberoamericasocial.com/www/ojs/plugins/generic/customBlockManager/CustomBlockPlugin.inc.php on line 130

Warning: Declaration of ManagementHandler::authorize($request, &$args, $roleAssignments) should be compatible with PKPHandler::authorize($request, &$args, $roleAssignments, $enforceRestrictedSite = true) in /srv/www/iberoamericasocial.com/www/ojs/lib/pkp/pages/management/ManagementHandler.inc.php on line 19

Thanks!

Hi @jmbarroso,

Is that all you see? Those warnings are cosmetic and can be ignored. There may be something more relevant further back in the log.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi!

Sorry @asmecher but those are the mistakes that I can see. Where can I see a deeper log on the php error?

Sorry for my ignorance.

A hug and thank you very much for everything.

Hi @jmbarroso,

I think you’re looking in the right file, but there are probably more messages than the ones you quoted.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello @asmecher

I put all the errors that gave me the OJS debug.

Do you know anything else I can do?

Thank you

Hi @jmbarroso,

Hmm, I’m not sure why log entries wouldn’t be more specific. The most common causes of plugins not installing properly are…

• File permissions in the plugins directory. OJS needs to be able to write to this area.
  • Misconfiguration of the tar option in the [cli] area of your config.inc.php. Ensure that OJS can execute the tar tool as configured here.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi @asmecher,

I have been answered from the hosting telling me that I have system and exec functions disabled for the tar . Which one do I need to activate?

Forgive me for my ignorance and thank you for the help.

A hug

Hi @jmbarroso,

OJS uses the exec function for this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Dear @mbauerCOM

I want to add follow us social media buttons on on my journal home page, so I plugged in ‘add this’ and received the code but I don’t know where should I paste the code? as the message is: Paste the above code right above the closing of the HTML in your website on every page you want AddThis to work. I can’t find of the HTML in the journal website.
Could you please advise?

Thank you
Ruzbeh