OJS Locale Files access denied

When I want to translate a local file with translation plugin, I received a windows with an access denied message, then change to undefine.

some idea?

Hi @luismurillo,

I guess you have OJS on a Linux server… Can you verify the file permissions for the .xml localisation files?

Regards, Primož

Hi
I change permissions to 777 and the same message. Some idea

the problem is: lib/pkp/locale/es_MX/admin.xml and all the xml files

Having the same problem with OJS 3.1.1-4
It worked before…
And yes, permissions are correct.

Not sure if this helps. After the popup saying “Access Denied”, a new popup with the string “Undefined” is shown. Not sure what is going on.

Hi all,

Please make sure you’re using the very latest translator plugin – it’s available in the plugin gallery.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello

I updated to master:

root@linguamatica:/home/linguamatica/root/plugins/generic/translator# git status
On branch master
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

nothing to commit, working tree clean
root@linguamatica:/home/linguamatica/root/plugins/generic/translator# git show origin
commit a983bb93576d1f1ef168a02c56ee9e59f1fdd2c4 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Merge: dbd3926 730c8ac
Author: Marco Tullney <mtub@posteo.de>
Date:   Wed Oct 3 15:55:28 2018 +0200

And now I get this:

Stack trace:
#0 /home/linguamatica/root/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): LocaleGridHandler->index(Array, Object(Request))
#1 /home/linguamatica/root/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPComponentRouter.inc.php(257): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array)
#2 /home/linguamatica/root/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPComponentRouter->route(Object(Request))
#3 /home/linguamatica/root/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc.php(247): Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(Request))
#4 /home/linguamatica/root/index.php(68): PKPApplication->execute()
#5 {main}
  thrown in /home/linguamatica/root/plugins/generic/translator/controllers/grid/LocaleGridHandler.inc.php on line 108

Meanwhile, the Gallery tab still says it can be upgraded. Thanks!!

Hi @ambs,

I wouldn’t suggest using master with OJS 3.1.x – the OJS and plugin branches should track each other. If you’re using OJS 3.1.x, then check out ojs-stable-3_1_1 in the plugin.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi, @asmecher, then getting to the initial state:

root@linguamatica:/home/linguamatica/root/plugins/generic/translator# git checkout tags/ojs-3_1_1-4
Note: checking out 'tags/ojs-3_1_1-4'.

The gallery tab says it can be updated, and the Access Denied is back. What can I do to help debugging?
Thank you!

Hi @ambs,

Try ojs-stable-3_1_1, rather than ojs-3_1_1-4.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi
These are the tags available:

root@linguamatica:/home/linguamatica/root/plugins/generic/translator# git tag
ojs-3_0_0-0
ojs-3_0_1-0
ojs-3_0_2-0
ojs-3_1_0-0
ojs-3_1_0-1
ojs-3_1_1-0
ojs-3_1_1-1
ojs-3_1_1-2
ojs-3_1_1-4

Should I try 3_1_1-0?
Thanks

Hi @ambs,

ojs-stable-3_1_1 is a branch, not a tag; it evolves as fixes etc. are merged, and should always be compatible with 3.1.1.x releases.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hello, @asmecher

Sorry about the tag/branch confusion. Yep, branch is there. Checked it out and synced all submodules to it. So I should just stick with this while no 3.1.2 or 3.2.x is available. Great.

And yes, now translation is working. Will not update the Portuguese locales.
Meanwhile, if you could give a look into this other ticket, it would be great: OJS3 email empty at some cases - #8 by ambs

I suppose it is locale-related as well.

Thank you!!