OJS hosting recommendations (request)

Hi @asmecher

The answer was not affiliated to any platform! I tried answering by giving options for OJS hosting solutions. Since the details of PKP has already been shared by another staff member! So, I shared the details of other hosting service provider!

Kindly note it was not intended to promote any platforms!

Thanks for understanding!

Hi @ctgraham

Itā€™s $49/month, itā€™s the revised one, I suppose!

Talking about OJS and its peculiarities ā€¦ The journal I help now asked me to move the whole their OJS site to some new host (cheaper provider) because the old one is too expensive with their managed hosting-plans. And yes, it means weā€™ll have to solve all our technical problems with OJS by ourselves now. So, Iā€™m trying to understand, what to expect from it all - is there any good article about OJS technical requirements about the host-server (besides of basic things like PHP version and database-server type) ? Mail-send problems were mentioned above - yes, but what else? Can you suggest something I should pay attention now not to have problems in future (when upgrade time comes or something like that) ? I already tried to install an update by myself and had some ā€œsurprisesā€ (fortunately it was a test-copy of the site), but maybe there is some official information to read, that may help not to make beginnersā€™ mistakes ? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.