OJS 3x Plugin Upload Issue: The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name

Hi,

While installing, uploading or upgrading the plugins from Plugin Gallery of OJS 3x, I see the error “The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name.”
I can install the plugin from Cpanel directly but after that cannot update because of same message.

I need to know how to resolve this issue.
Any appropriate suggestion would be appreciated.

Hi @Abid_Rehman,

Can you indicate which specific version of OJS you’re using (e.g. 3.3.0-6)?
You may want to have a look at this post here where a user was able to resolve this issue: Problems with installing and updating plugins on DirectAdmin [SOLVED]

And just an FYI: uploading plugins this way isn’t advisable. The preferred way to add plugins is through the plugin gallery - this ensures that you can check on the correct version of the plugins and that they get installed correctly

-Roger
PKP Team

@rcgillis thanks for replay,
we were using OJS 3.3.0.6 but due to this problem we upgraded to 3.3.0.7 but we are facing same issue. i have already studied the above shared link but but i could not found any solution .
i can install the plugins through plugins folder of public_html but when i need to upgrade trough gallery the same message appears.
the problem i am facing is that i cannot install nor update the plugins through plugin gallery even when i want to upload a new plugin after clicking save button the above mentioned message appears.