[OJS 3] custom metadata fields

Hi @bozana,

is there a hook into the quicksubmit plugin to add new metadata fields?

Hi all, sorry for the late response…

Yes, the QuickSubmit plugin uses the existing components and thus also the hook Templates::Submission::SubmissionMetadataForm::AdditionalMetadata.
You would however have to consider the QuickSubmitForm in your plugin, similar like OpenAIRE plugin is considering the SubmissionSubmitStep3Form in these code lines:

In general, the OpenAIRE plugin is a good example how to extend the article metadata with an additional filed – what hooks should be used and how to do that. Additionally to the code lines above s. also:

One code line is missing in the QuickSubmit plugin to enable saving of the additional field. S. this issue for that and the patch is coming: Enable QuickSubmit plugin to save additional article metadata · Issue #3121 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

Hi bozana,
thank you! It works perfectly.
Best,
habib

I have installed custom meta data plugin.
Where will i add additional new fields.
OJS Version: 3.0.1

Can you please reply soon

Hi,
Reviving this thread, is there any new way to add a custom metadata field? I followed the steps suggested by @kardeiz and managed to add a custom field but its value is not stored anywhere; after submitting the form the custom field is empty. I’m using OJS 3.1.1.4.

I have tried all this modifications but there’s not any new metadata field on my submission form. There a way that I can achiev that? I need three field for the user to enter author name, university and degrees regardless they are registered or not.

I’m using OJS 3.1.0.1

1 Like

Hi @kardeiz
I followed your steps but it’s not working
I have the same problem, I am using ojs-3.1.1-4 stable and I tried to use Quicksubmit with a new implementation.

I opened other post:

I am interested on save some news fields on Quicksubmit import plugin and show this fields on Metadata

The new data is not in my database.

Regards,
xavi

1 Like

Hello, we are particularly interested in adding a custom metadata field in submission for POSTED CONTENT (asking authors to provide a DOI for a preprint).
If this is too complicated, would there be a way to manually add this information in the metadata on OJS (without having to manually editing the XML)?
Thanks.