OJS 3 Crossref error

Hi @knjigor

Yes, the Crossref schema moved, s. this GitHub Issue: Crossref 4.3.6 schema URL changed · Issue #2258 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub. Thus, I think you should apply this patch: Merge pull request #1244 from bozana/2258-stable · pkp/ojs@ba3d310 · GitHub.
Note that also a DB update (e.g. php tools/upgrade.php upgrade) is needed (so do the backup before that, to be on the safe side) i.e. the update of the Crossref schema in the DB table filter_groups.

Best,
Bozana

1 Like

@bozana
Thank you for fast solution

It’s clear that the proxy issue is causing trouble for a non-trivial number of people. The fix for this is for OJS to include a local copy of the XSD and refer to that for validation rather than the one on the web.

Should be a three-line fix?

Hi @stuart.yeates

The main Crossref schema includes several others that would then also need to be downloaded/provided locally, if that would work…

Best,
Bozana

do i have to apply this path if i’m on OJS 3.1.1.1 ? because i got same error with crossreff…

Hi @alienmau

Sorry for the delay – I was absent for some time… Did you manage to solve the problem?

Best,
Bozana

error in DIO settings please help

Hi @MS_CHANNEL

Are you using Crossref DOIs, did you register that DOI and how (manually i.e. exporting the XML file from OJS and uploading it to Crossref, or from within OJS)? Could you explain what exactly you have done, how you generally proceed, etc.?

Best,
Bozana

Hi @bozana

Same error here, in ojs 3.1.1.2.
“Failed to locate the main schema resource at ‘https://www.crossref.org/schemas/crossref4.3.6.xsd’.”
It’s possible apply the same patch?

I copied the xml from the browser e paste into doi.xml.
No errors found in crossref.org : metadata quality check
Looks like a good xml.

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira

Hi @bozana

Any news?

Regards,
Tarcisio Pereira

I have this issue what i can do

Registration was not successful! The DOI registration server returned an error: ‘No response from server.’.