OJS 3.2.1-1 Open Menu and two search forms displaying when they shouldn't be-

Hello,
We’ve just upgrade to 3.2.1-1 and we’re seeing the search form displaying twice and a menu called “Open Menu” displaying. I found a forum link that mentioned clearing browser cache would sort the issue. That didn’t work in our case. Looking at the source I see the following
<form class="pkp_search pkp_search_desktop" action="https://journals.wichita.edu/index.php/ag/search/search" method="get" role="search" aria-label="Article Search">

and

<form class="pkp_search pkp_search_mobile" action="https://journals.wichita.edu/index.php/ag/search/search" method="get" role="search" aria-label="Article Search">

So it appears that ojs is having trouble decding if I’m mobile or desktop and it’s giving me both.

as far as the Open Menu goes, I don’t know but our OJS Admin says he can’t find a way to edit it out in the settings.
Any help you can provide with be greatly appricated.
Thanks
Erik

Hi @eamallory,

Have you done any custom theming or styling? What theme are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I’m told we are using the default theme. Our test site looks as it should production does not.
you can see the issue here. https://journals.wichita.edu/index.php/ag the big difference is test is mariadb 10.4 and prod is MariaDB 5.5.

Hi @eamallory,

Could you try flushing your CSS cache to cause it to be re-compiled from sources?

rm cache/*.css

Then do a hard-reload in your browser and see if that corrects the issue.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I did that… I also deleted everything in the cache dir and then accessed the site with a fresh incognito browser session with no luck…

Hi @eamallory,

It looks like some of your .less files have been overwritten with versions from an older version of OJS. In particular, plugins/themes/default/styles/head.less seems to be older than it should be for the version of OJS you’re using (3.2.1-1).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Ahhhh man… Okay I removed the plugin dir copied the plugin dir from the 3.2.1-1 tarball removed the cached css files did a hard reset and it looks right now. Waiting to hear back from the journals administrator to make sure everything is okay…

Okay looks like we’re good. Note to self for next time. Thanks for getting back to me! Have a great day!
Erik

1 Like