OJS 3.2.1-1 Email problem when sending to reviewers

Hello people, how are you doing?

So, I’m having a problem with the email. The problem is, the email works perfectly when a user submits a paper, because both me (the editor) and the user are receiving automatic notification by email. However, when I try to send an email to reviewers (registered or not) the system does not send it. Does anyone have any idea what may be going on?

best regards
Israel Milhomem

Hi @irishbry,

See this thread on how to diagnose problems with intermittent delivery: Initial review request emails not received, intermittent

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hello Alec Smecher,

I saw that thread before. But my problem is slightly different. The only email that works is the submition notification. All the other possible emails (reminders, internal emails, request of review and etc) dont work.

Hi @irishbry,

It’s the same situaiton: if any emails are delivered, it means OJS’s mail delivery configuration (e.g. smtp settings) are correct, but that your mail server does not successfully deliver certain emails based on headers (e.g. recipients) or body content.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Thank you Alec, now i get!

Only one last question. When we set the email in the contact area, this is not yet the smtp setting, right?

Hi @irishbry,

I’m not sure I’m following – can you describe again in more detail?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I as told that if I write an email adress in the contact section, the system would use that email to send notifications to users. And after I did that, every users that submits something recives an email notification. My question is if this works as a smtp setting.

Hi @irishbry,

I think you’re talking about DMARC compliance – see this thread for a discussion of the related settings: OJS email notifications

Essentially it’s becoming common for email servers to refuse to deliver messages on behalf of email accounts that they don’t “own”, so there are some configuration options you can use to set up the sending address in accordance.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hey! problem solved.

To others that might want to know: DONT FORGET TO TAKE OUT THE > ;;;;; < THAT APPEARS BEFORE A PHP PHRASE.
As a dummie user, I would never knwon that.
Again, thank you Alec :slight_smile:

Buenas noches
Me sucede los mismo como lo resolviste?

Hi @sara0727,

Please work through the above suggestions; if none of them help, follow up here with what you tried and what the result was.

Regards,
Alec Smecher