OJS 3.1.2: OpenAIREPlugin problem in submission process

Hi

In the submission process (step 3), I faced the following problem:
public_html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREPlugin.inc.php on line 125

after deleting the OpenAIREPlugin, the submission process continued.

How can ı solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Hi @Gokmen_ARSLAN,

That shows the line number of the error, but not the error message itself. Can you include the error message in your post?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,
I upgraded to 3.2.1 a few days ago and experienced the same problem. I turned the OpenAIREPlugin off when I saw this post and submissions could be completed.

Best,
Faruk

No, I cannot. Similar to Faruk, after turning the OpenAIREPlugin off, the process continues.

Hi all,

I don’t have enough information to know for sure, but if someone else encounters this in OJS 3.1.2-0, it’s likely resolved by this patch: pkp/pkp-lib#4612 Fix OpenAIRE plugin after hook calling convention ch… · pkp/ojs@7f34cc4 · GitHub

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Thank you asmecher. It is working.

Bests

Thank you for the link to the patch! Helped solve our problem after code insertion.

We also had trouble with the OpenAIREPlugin which was stalling the process of submission to a journal. The Plugin is not even activated. The PHP error was PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function setData() on null in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREPlugin.inc.php:125

Coming from “…submission/wizard/3…” the Stack trace is the following:

#0 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/plugins/HookRegistry.inc.php(107): OpenAIREPlugin->metadataExecute('submissionsubmi...', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/form/Form.inc.php(314): HookRegistry::call('submissionsubmi...', Array)
#2 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/submission/form/PKPSubmissionSubmitStep3Form.inc.php(99): Form->execute()
#3 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/pages/submission/PKPSubmissionHandler.inc.php(171): PKPSubmissionSubmitStep3Form->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPRouter.inc.php(390): PKPSubmissionHandler->saveStep(Array, Object(Request))
#5 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPPageRouter.inc.php(231): PKPRouter->_authorizeInitializeAndCallRequest(Array, Object(Request), Array, false)
#6 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/Dispatcher.inc.php(134): PKPPageRouter->route(Object(Request))
#7 /var/www/html/lib/pkp/classes/core/PKPApplication.inc in /var/www/html/plugins/generic/openAIRE/OpenAIREPlugin.inc.php on line 125

What I find puzzeling is that it is the second plugin which is causing a stall in the publication process (other example was OrcidPlugin and final step in publication see here: OrcidProfilePlugin.inc.php) in different publications and both plugins were not activated.