OJS 3.1.1-4/3.2.1-1 Configuration Questions

Hi Alec,

To clarify, what I’m doing is standing up a brand new system running the latest version of OJS and importing XML data from a existing system with a slightly older OJS version. While we have the data export from that existing system, we have no access to the system itself, so we can’t really see how OJS is configured on that system. Having said that, I’ve looked over the UPGRADE.md documentation, and also revisited the README.md file and the IMPORTEXPORT doc just in case they contained the information I need.

In this case, what I’m really after is more clarity on the CLI configuration process that kicks off from the command “php tools/install.php”. Is there any documentation that goes into detail on this process & each of the entries for it? Do the responses in this section get stored in config.inc.php? If I enter a database name (or repository identifier) that differs from what’s used in the current instance, and try to import data from that one to this new instance, will that cause any issue?

The following is a run-through of some trial entries and what I got as a result:

• Primary Locale : en_US
  • Additional Locales : None
  • Client Character set: utf-8
  • Connection Character set : None
  • File Settings
    • Directory for uploads : /opt/ojs
  • Administrator Account
    • username : adminuser
    • password : adminpass
    • Repeat password : adminpass
    • Email : cbirmingham@fsu.edu
  • Database Settings
    • Database driver : mysql
    • Host : localhost
    • Username : fsuojs
    • Password : fsuojs
    • Database name : ojs
    • Create new database : Y
  • ##installer.miscSettings##
    • Repository Identifier : fsuojs
    • Provide a unique site ID and OAI base URL to PKP for statistics and security alert purposes only. : y
  • *** Install Open Journal Systems : y

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/adodb/adodb-php/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php:461
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/adodb/adodb-php/adodb.inc.php(683): ADODB_mysql->_connect(‘localhost’, ‘fsuojs’, ‘fsuojs’, ‘’)
#1 /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(162): ADOConnection->Connect(‘localhost’, ‘fsuojs’, ‘fsuojs’, NULL, false)
#2 /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(137): DBConnection->connect()
#3 /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(124): DBConnection->initConn()
#4 /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/db/DBConnection.inc.php(56): DBConnection->initCustomDBConnection(‘mysql’, ‘localhost’, ‘fsuojs’, ‘fsuojs’, NULL, false, false)
#5 /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/PKPInstall.inc.php(77): DBConnection->__construct(‘mysql’, ‘localhost’, ‘fsuojs’, ‘fsuojs’, NULL, false, false)
#6 /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/classes/install/Installer.inc.php(178): PKPInstall->preInst in /var/www/html/ojs/lib/pkp/lib/vendor/adodb/adodb-php/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 461