OJS 3.0 - Choose language & Search at the index page

Hi @asmecher,

We will wait for the 3.0.2 upgrade. Thank you!

Regards, Rafael Mansilha.

Hello
I have the same issue with 3.0.2.0 (just updated).
All languages are marked:

But the choice of languages doesn’t appear on the website:

Thank you

Hi @Mila_Simakova,

In the Appearance settings form, is the language toggle block configured to display on the page?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi,

I can’t find anything related to displaying language block in “Appearance” or anywhere else.
Also I have only 2 blocks for the side bar:

Is that part of problem or all fine?

Also in plugin settings Information and Language blocks are on, however do not appear in Appearance side bar list :

Hi @Mila_Simakova,

Is it possible that your installation did not complete successfully or that there are some files missing from it?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

with upgraded installations (from OJS2) some block plugins that were used in OJS2 had context set to 2 depending on the sidebar they were activated in. Now that there is only one sidebar in OJS3 the only value context can have is 1 but the upgrade script did not consider this. So if that is an upgraded installation, I would check the plugin_settings table for those values.

This is probably something worth taking into consideration in the upgrade script as well.

1 Like

The installation was completed successfully.
I’ve done better research better for similar cases and someone suggested uncheck the language block, which is weird, but actually helped. I unchecked the language and info blocks and they appeared.

Can you please advise in which file/directory I should look for plugin_settings?
Thank you

Hi @Mila_Simakova and @ajnyga,

Ah, thanks for the tip, @ajnyga – I suspect you identified the issue.

@Mila_Simakova, @ajnyga is referring to the plugin_settings table in the database. You probably have access to a MySQL client like phpMyAdmin (typically through your CPanel account, depending on your hosting provider).

To move all blocks to the sidebar that might have had a different setting in OJS 2.4.x, try running this in the MySQL client…

UPDATE plugin_settings SET setting_value=1 WHERE setting_name='context' AND plugin_name LIKE '%BlockPlugin';

Then clear your cache, either using the Administrator’s interface, or by removing all .php files from the cache/ subdirectory of your OJS installation.

Please confirm whether this resolves the issue, and I’ll address it in the upgrade code.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

2 Likes

Great!
That worked perfectly!
Thank you @asmecher for you help!

Hi @Mila_Simakova,

Thanks for confirming. I’ve filed this at Move block plugins to unified sidebar upon upgrade · Issue #2310 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like

I already try this, but language toggle switch is still not appearing in my OJS!!

Hi @alternativeleon,

More information would be helpful. What version of OJS are you running? Did you also perform an upgrade? What did you already try?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

I tried the SQL command above and the result was UPDATE 0. I had a look at the table and saw that the strings were all lowercase, soI tried the variant:

UPDATE plugin_settings SET setting_value=1 WHERE setting_name='context' AND plugin_name LIKE '%blockplugin';

And now sidebar management works as expected (just a test site, but I hope I didn’t affect anything else). We use Postgres, could it be a postgres/mysql thing?

I’m seeing the same issue in my upgrade tests with OJS 2.4.8 data and the solution is as you proposed.
The issue is as you suspect a difference between MySQL and PostgreSQL.
I’ve created an issue to track this:
https://github.com/pkp/pkp-lib/issues/3485

Hi @tgc99,

Thanks, I’ve posted a fix there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi!

I am using OJS 3.2.0.0 (clean installation) and I have the same problem that the language selector does not appear on the index page.

I already cleared the cache and “Language Toggle Block” is checked on Website Settings.

And I have the following information in the plugin_settings table

languagePlugin

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Best regards.

Hi @antonionf,

Before debugging this further, I’d suggest going to the most recent OJS version – currently 3.2.0-3.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

We use the latest version of the OJS system.
There is no language option on the main page. But it’s on the magazines page.
How can we add the language option?rojs32|690x222 atji1
raji2

Hindi font is missing in all submitted and published papers in OJS 3.0. Whenever we trying to upload any paper its look like this:

कà¥à¤®à¤¾à¤°; कृषि वाणिजà¥â€à¤¯à¥€à¤•à¤°à¤£ à¤à¤µà¤‚ अधà¥à¤¨à¤¿à¤•à¥€à¤•à¤°à¤£ के मधà¥à¤¯ बहॠविचार सहसमà¥à¤¬à¤¨à¥à¤§ विशà¥à¤²à¥‡à¤·à¤£

Please help to resolve the issue.