OCS future plans

Hi @pvalen,

Configure your PHP to send errors/warnings to the PHP log, rather than the browser.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi asmecher,

Configuring PHP to store errors in the PHP log, does not remove these errors and does not run the application.

When I debug an application, I prefer to make error on the screen so that I don’t miss one.

I installed OCS with modification for PHP7 according to your instructions, but it still reports errors and does not work. Only mistakes and nothing else are listed.

I quite doubt that such an errors, for example
Declaration of Plugin::getSetting($conferenceId, $schedConfId, $name) should be compatible with PKPPlugin::getSetting($context, $name)
or
Declaration of Plugin::updateSetting($conferenceId, $schedConfId, $name, $value, $type = NULL) should be compatible with PKPPlugin::updateSetting($context, $name, $value, $type = NULL)
etc.
will not cause an error in the running of the application

I asked for advice on what to do to make the application work. Not advice on not showing errors.

Petr

Hi @pvalen,

Those are warnings, not failures, and the software will continue to run regardless. However, when the messages are sent to the browser, they interrupt OCS’s attempts to send headers (e.g. session management) and cause problems. Directing them to the log instead will resolve this.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

Hi asmecher,

thank you, if I log all errors to a file, then OCS works, but in a moment I have a full log file, even if I set error_reporting(E_ERROR); :frowning:
Is it possible to fix those errors (warnings)? This way, OCS cannot be used.

Petr

Hi @pvalen,

We’re not actively developing OCS at the moment, but would review and accept pull requests to resolve the warnings.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

1 Like