Multi default envelope senders

Hello,
This might have already been discussed somewhere, and I am sorry if it is and if I could not find the answer.

We are running two-journals OJS, and I wonder if it would be able to set a specific Default envelope sender email address for each journal.

Kind regards,

Zoran

Hi @zmandic,

Can you please indicate your specific OJS version (please include this in your posts, as it assists with troubleshooting)?

-Roger
PKP Team

Hi @rcgillis,
sorry about that. The OJS version is 3.1.2.4.

Regards,
Zoran

Hi @zmandic,

The version of OJS that you’re using is no longer supported by PKP. I recommend that you upgrade to the newest version of OJS, as it is possible that your issue will be resolved by upgrading. However, other community members may wish to offer assistance.

Upgrading instructions are available in the PKP Administrator’s Guide and as part of our [Upgrade Guide] (https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/dev/upgrade-guide/).

Information about the latest version of OJS can be found on the PKP Website

Best regards,

Roger
PKP Team

Hi @zmandic,

The current release of OJS (3.3.0) has the same support for a single envelope sender field that you see in 3.1.2. I couldn’t find any other requests for per-journal settings for this, but you could file this as a feature request in the Feature Requests area of the forum. Note that we’re rewriting email support quite considerably for the 3.4.0 release, due in the first half of next year, so things may improve from there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Thank you, #asmecher!

I’ve just filed it as a feature request.
We planned to upgrade ver 3.1.2 to ver 3.3. by the end of the year. Do you think it would be worth waiting for the release of 3.4? We always have a headache when upgrading.

Kind regards,
Zoran

Hi @zmandic,

I’d recommend upgrading to 3.3. It’s an LTS release (“Long-Term Support”), meaning it’ll serve you well for a few years, and at the end of its lifecycle there will be another LTS release to upgrade to. Unless you need something that’s introduced in a non-LTS release and have the IT resources to upgrade more frequently, LTS is the way to go.

(We have invested a lot of effort recently into upgrades; once you get to the 3.3 release, it’ll be a lot easier to upgrade after that, and you’ll be able to decide whether to upgrade to 3.4 without as much to worry about.)

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 9 days. New replies are no longer allowed.