Menu item text not overwritten in 'breadcrumbs'

Hello,

I’ve been looking at the Test OMP site. I see that the navigation menu item ‘About this Press’ can be edited - so this could be ‘About this Platform’ instead for instance. But when I changed this in the Admin options the previous menu title is still displayed in the breadcrumbs, see screenshot Menu%20item%20text%20not%20overwritten

I wanted to mention this because this software could have wider usage as as platform for publishing monographs, but not necessarily as a ‘press’ per se. So it would be good to know that references to ‘press’ can be overwritten.

Hi Kyle, with OMP 3.1.1-4 we have this situation after editing the editorial team in Settings>Website>Navigation Menus:

• breadcrumb is not overwritten
  • page title is not overwritten
    I wonder if it’s related with languages, because if I try t change from italian to english using the link on the right nothing happens.
    Any hint?
    Best regards
    Stefano

immagine

Hi @bolelligallevi,

This can be modified using the Custom Locale Plugin, but unfortunately, this is not compatible with the OMP version you are currently on. This plugin is compatible with OJS 3.2 and OMP 3.2.

Once you have the plugin enabled you will want to make the change the wording on locale/en_US/locale.po > about.editorialTeam

Kind Regards,
Patricia M.

Hi @pmangahis, thank you very much for your reply.
Can you give more detail and/or screenshots on how make the change in 3.2 plugin?
I think it should be possible to do (almost) the same on 3.1.1-4 XML version of the plugin.
Best regards,
Stefano

Hello @bolelligallevi,

Once you have the Custom Locale plugin enabled on OJS/OMP 3.2, you should see a new tab in your Website Settings.

From there you’ll look for the file locale/en_US/locale.po if you’re looking to make the change in another language, look for this file in that language then click the Edit button beside it.

You’ll need to find the corresponding locale key for that phrase which should be about.editorialTeam

The original text will appear on the left and you’ll enter your modified text in the textbox beside it.

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Hi @pmangahis, thanks for details.
I tried this for 3.1.1-4: go to Settings>Website>Translate and select the locale to edit; after all Locale files are loaded, search for “locale/en_us/locale.xml”, click to edit, search for about.editorialTeam, click to edit and input the desired text.
It looks almost the same of your 3.2 procedure to me.
Unfortunately, after the click on Save the Value cells became both “Array” (see screenshot or here), and if I try to edit the editable one it becames empty or returns to Array…
@asmecher, can you help to solve this issue for OMP 3.1.1-4?
Best regards
Stefano
immagine

This is how my about.editorialTeam section of locale/en_us/locale.xml looks like in back office.
Best regards
Stefano

immagine

This is the row 402 of xxxx:

It should be:
Editorial Team
Any hint?
Best regards
Stefano