Italian translation for OJS3: questions

Hi,
we (https://riviste.unimi.it) are working on italian translation of OJS3, and we have some questions.

1. we submitted the full locale of the Immersion theme (/it_IT/locale.xml added via upload by bolelligallevi · Pull Request #1 · bolelligallevi/immersion · GitHub), can someone tell us if it’s all ok and the locale will be in the next release of the theme?

2. we completed the translation of /lib/pkp/locale/it_IT/common.xml, but there’s the common.listSeparator key that’s still black, maybe because have not an english version: is it a problem?

3. how we submit completed locale for inclusion in next OJS3 release? Same as with Immersion theme locale?

Best regards
Stefano Bolelli Gallevi
immagine

Hi @bolelligallevi,

Thanks for the translation work!

we submitted the full locale of the Immersion theme (/it_IT/locale.xml added via upload by bolelligallevi · Pull Request #1 · bolelligallevi/immersion · GitHub), can someone tell us if it’s all ok and the locale will be in the next release of the theme?

It looks like you submitted the pull request to your own fork; make sure you submit it to the immersion repository in the PKP github account, and that way the theme’s maintainer will get notified and be able to review and accept the translation.

we completed the translation of /lib/pkp/locale/it_IT/common.xml, but there’s the common.listSeparator key that’s still black, maybe because have not an english version: is it a problem?

The common.listSeparator locale key isn’t used in OJS 3.1.2 and newer; where are you seeing it used? What version of OJS are you using?

how we submit completed locale for inclusion in next OJS3 release? Same as with Immersion theme locale?

Yes, make sure you open a pull request to us for each repository you translate! We’re soon going to launch a Weblate-based translation portal, and then you’ll be able to do translation work online directly; stay tuned to the PKP blog and Announcements forum for details.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,
thanks for your reply.

It looks like you submitted the pull request to your own fork; make sure you submit it to the immersion repository in the PKP github account, and that way the theme’s maintainer will get notified and be able to review and accept the translation.

We are new to github, I tried to make the pull request following your advice: Full italian locale to add by bolelligallevi · Pull Request #29 · pkp/immersion · GitHub is it correct now?

The common.listSeparator locale key isn’t used in OJS 3.1.2 and newer; where are you seeing it used? What version of OJS are you using?

We use OJS 3.1.2-1 with data moved from OJS2, I just noticed the common.listSeparator locale key looking for locale keys without translation in /lib/pkp/locale/it_IT/common.xml, and noticed that remains black despite the italian value ", " is set (but no english value is set, as picture in my previous post shows). I don’t know if common.listSeparator is used or where, how can I look for its use?

Yes, make sure you open a pull request to us for each repository you translate! We’re soon going to launch a Weblate-based translation portal, and then you’ll be able to do translation work online directly; stay tuned to the PKP blog and Announcements forum for details.

Thanks for your advice.
Best regards
Stefano Bolelli Gallevi

Hi @bolelligallevi,

We are new to github, I tried to make the pull request following your advice: Full italian locale to add by bolelligallevi · Pull Request #29 · pkp/immersion · GitHub is it correct now?

Yes, it looks like it!

We use OJS 3.1.2-1 with data moved from OJS2, I just noticed the common.listSeparator locale key looking for locale keys without translation in /lib/pkp/locale/it_IT/common.xml, and noticed that remains black despite the italian value ", " is set (but no english value is set, as picture in my previous post shows). I don’t know if common.listSeparator is used or where, how can I look for its use?

It’s not used anymore; you can remove it from the translation. (The “Check Translation” tool can facilitate the removal of locale keys like this.)

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi @asmecher,

I removed the key and opened the pull request for the translation inclusion, but it looks like there’s not the tool in our installation, because the “Check” option is missing…

immagine

Thanks
Stefano Bolelli Gallevi