Installing new email template translations from Weblate

I have added and updated translations for my locale using Weblate. I would now like to update the translations in my local installation of OJS. With kind help from Patricia I was able to download and install the *.po files. That worked fine for the website but didn’t affect email templates. I tried resetting the email templates, but that didn’t help.

What would be a good way to install updated translations for email templates from Weblate?

It appears the email templates are stored in the database, not in the *.po files, but it’s not clear to me what would the appropriate way to update them from Weblate.

Thanks for any help.

Hi @kirjoittaja,

What version of OJS are you using? (Please include this with your posts.)

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

Hi Alec.

I’m running OJS 3.2.1.1

Hi @kirjoittaja,

I think you will have to paste/compare/adjust manually for email templates contents within the email_templates_data (if local edits have been made) and/or email_templates_default_data tables directly within the database as those values are first populated when installing and not updated afterwards. You might want to do the same for setting_value in the user_group_settings table (if some of those values were changed within the translation). Well, this is how I did proceed on my side (for OJS 3.1.2 (hence just before the *.po files were introduced) after a major revision of the translation was done and affected this kind of content. If I remember correctly (?) I had try reinstallation of the locale but it didn’t change those values. If there is a better way I am all ears.

Good luck.

Marie-Hélène

Dear @Marie-Helene,

thanks a lot for your answer. I’ll take a look at this and will see how much manual work that would involve.

Since my OJS installation is not yet in production use, an alternative would be to make a fresh installation from scratch. That involves a good amount of manual work as well, redoing all local modifications and adjustments. (I’ll need to study the documentation to see how to make that as easy as possible.)

Best regards,

Hannu