Include opt-in information on user export

Forgive me if this is dealt with somewhere and I just haven’t found the relevant place.

Describe the problem you would like to solve
As suggested in the instructions, we are using an external mailing list tool to advertise our journal’s new issues.
https://docs.pkp.sfu.ca/faq/en/users-roles#how-do-i-send-a-message-to-my-sites-users

Although these emails have clear unsubscribe options, we also really want to make sure we are GDPR compliant and as explicitly opt-in as possible.

However, when accounts are created, they are automatically assigned the “Reader” role, regardless of whether “Yes, I would like to be notified of new publications and announcements.” is selected.

And, as far as I can tell, the export of users (.csv) has no information about whether users have opted in to notifications.

Also, even if users don’t check the option “Yes, I would like to be notified of new publications and announcements.” upon registration, all notifications are enabled in the user profile. This also seems bad and possibly even contrary to GDPR, although I’m not sure about the latter.

Describe the solution you’d like
I would like a column added to the export spreadsheet that specifically indicates whether users have opted in to notifications.

I’d also like the registration option to receive or not receive notifications to be meaningfully linked to the notifications settings.

Who is asking for this feature?
Journal editors

Additional information
This is a screenshot of the notifications tab of a user profile after registering and not checking the notifications box.