I was able to see the Manuscript (Default child theme) in the list of installed plugin , but could not see it on the theme drop down list in Appearance Tab

I was able to see the Manuscript (Default child theme) in the list of installed plugin , but could not see it on the theme drop down list in Appearance Tab

Hi @Haroon_Sattar,

Did you install this plugin manually? If so, what process did you follow?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

I just upload the theme folder in plugin->themes-> folder

Then settings->website->plugins-> enable theme

But i didn’t find it in settings->website->appearance section

I also check versions table . Entry found

Hi @Haroon_Sattar,

Which of the download files did you get, and what directory is it now placed in?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher We are facing some issues in OJS. Whenever we try to notify someone or add anything the loading image keep moving. Untitled

Hi @Haroon_Sattar,

There will probably be something in your PHP error log that gives more information.

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher Please guide us how to remove this error. It’s kind of urgent.

Hi @Haroon_Sattar,

See e.g. How do I find my PHP error log?

Regards,
Alec Smecher

@asmecher Thank a lot !

Hi @asmecher and @Haroon_Sattar,
Sorry for bringing up this issue again. I am having the same problem with ‘grandchild’ theme on OJS 3.1.1-2. I am trying to create a ‘grandchild’ of the defaultManuscript theme.
What I did was:

1. Create a child theme using @NateWr default child theme: https://github.com/NateWr/default-child. I basically just copied the whole folder and paste it in plugin -->theme folder (maintaining the default-child-master folder name)

2. Change the setParent parameter to 'defaultmanuscriptthemeplugin' as suggested here.

I can install and enable the plugin, but it did not appear in the dropdown list too. I’ve checked the error log too, nothing relevant.

Did you managed to solve the issue @Haroon_Sattar?

Thanks.

I think setParent should be:

$this->setParent(‘defaultmanuscriptchildthemeplugin’);

If you share your theme I’ll take a look and see what’s missing. You can also try to build a child theme up from scratch. The Setup and Configuration section of the Theming Guide walks through the basic files you’ll need.

Hi @NateWr,
Thanks for the reply. I tried changing to $this->setParent(‘defaultmanuscriptchildthemeplugin’);, still the problem persists.

I do not know how to share my theme since I am not using github :sweat_smile: (more like I do not know how to use github though).
I download and extract your child theme example to plugins → themes folder. Content wise, the same as in your example (including the names).
The only change I made was the content of DefaultChildThemePlugin.inc.php file as below:

DefaultChildThemePlugin.inc.php

`<?php

/**

• @file plugins/themes/default/DefaultChildThemePlugin.inc.php
  • Copyright (c) 2014-2016 Simon Fraser University Library
  • Copyright (c) 2003-2016 John Willinsky
  • Distributed under the GNU GPL v2. For full terms see the file docs/COPYING.
  • @class DefaultChildThemePlugin
  • @ingroup plugins_themes_default
  • @brief Default theme
    */
    import(‘lib.pkp.classes.plugins.ThemePlugin’);

class DefaultChildThemePlugin extends ThemePlugin {
/**
* Initialize the theme’s styles, scripts and hooks. This is only run for
* the currently active theme.
* @return null
*/
public function init() {
$this->setParent(‘defaultmanuscriptchildthemeplugin’);
$this->modifyStyle(‘stylesheet’, array(‘addLess’ => array(‘styles/remove-borders.less’)));
}

/**
 * Get the display name of this plugin
 * @return string
 */
function getDisplayName() {
	return __('plugins.themes.default-child.name');
}

/**
 * Get the description of this plugin
 * @return string
 */
function getDescription() {
	return __('plugins.themes.default-child.description');
}

}

?>`

Thanks.

Please ignore the bullets. I copy and pasted the code and it changes * to bullets for some reason.

Ah, if you use the download button on GitHub, you’ll likely get a mismatched directory name. Try changing the directory of the theme from default-child-master to defaultChild.

(I’ve renamed the GitHub repository.)

still not working, after renaming also showing the same in the installed plugin list

Example Child Theme This theme is an example of a child theme of the default theme.

But, not showing in the dropdown

Hi @iftee_iit,

I’ve responded to your other post; please try not to post the same questions in several places, as it fragments the conversation.

Thanks,
Alec Smecher