HTML stripped in announcements

Hello,

I was trying to create a new announcement in our journal (https://www.traditionalarchitecturejournal.com/index.php/home/index) and when trying to upload an image as I have always done I have realized that the options are extremely short (I cannot add images or see the code). I am attaching a screenshot.

One month ago we updated the journal to “Versión actual: 3.3.0.8 (octubre 28, 2021 - 01:32 )”.

I have checked the html allowance in the config.php and seems to be fine. I can also see all the options in other sections of the journal, but not in the announcements.

Could anyone help us? Thank you very much.

Captura de pantalla 2021-11-26 a las 10.51.14

Hi @GuillerrmoGil,

Thanks for your question. For this, you will want to use the Text Editor Extras plugin.

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Thank you very much.
I have updated the plugin, but I cannot see the option for “Announcements” (see screenshot). Regards.Captura de pantalla 2021-11-26 a las 18.16.09

@GuillerrmoGil, could you try disabling and enabling the Announcement in your Website setting?

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Yes, I have tried but the error persists.

I can see that in the plugins gallery it says that the plugin is not up to date - but I have installed the latest one: V1_0_0-2 and I have the latest OJS version also: 3.3.0.8. Thank you very much again.

Regards,
Guillermo

Hi @GuillerrmoGil,

I would suggest doing the upgrade if it’s being prompted as it looks like the latest version is v.1.0.0.4

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Hello. And where can I find that version? In the gallery the most updated one, from June 20, 2020, is the one I mention (and the one mentioned in your post is from May 24, 2020)

Here you can check it: Releases · pkp/textEditorExtras · GitHub

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Guillermo

Hi @GuillerrmoGil ,

If you are in fact using an older version of the plugin, if you are on the plugin gallery you would typically find a massage ‘Can be upgraded’. I would recommend upgrading from there.

Kind Regards,
Patricia

Good morning,

Since we created the magazine we have always had to install all the plugins manually, because clicking on update always gives us the same error. “The uploaded plugin archive does not contain a folder that corresponds to the plugin name”.

This always happens with all of them, so we always download and install them manually. Is there no place where I can download the version you mention?

Thanks and best regards.
Guillermo

Which download link are you using for the plugin? This message occur by downloading the “Source Code” rather than the packaged release here:

To manually install a plugin, you need to download the packaged release (.tar.gz or .tgz), then extract the files, then replace the matching folder in your plugins directory. You’ll then need to run the OJS upgrade process.

Hello,

I have dowloaded and installed the version you have highlighted in yellow (which is the most up to date I can find). Apparently, according to @pmangahis , there is another version, the v.1.0.0.4, but I cannot find anywhere where to download it from.

Best regards,
Guillermo

Version 1.0.0-4 comes from this repo:

@NateWr , is this an intentional fork from the pkp repo, which only goes to 1.0.0.2?

Ahh that’s probably a mistake on my part. I use the plugin CLI tool to build and release updates, and I probably ran it against my own repo instead of PKP’s. I’ll try to remember to do it in the right place next time! I don’t want to change the download location now, though, because the file on GitHub is tied to a md5sum check in the plugin gallery.

Thank you very much. Now it works!

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.