HTML Article Galley Plugin

Hi,

I wonder why the HTML Article Galley Plugin is not included in the OPS release (ver. 3.3.0.8)? Or am I missing something?

your’s
Felix

Hi @felixhelix,

I wasn’t able to find a reference to that plugin in the plugin gallery in OPS or OJS - perhaps you could send the github link to the plugin you’re referring to?

-Roger
PKP Team

Yeah sure!

Hi @felixhelix,

As far as I can tell this plugin was developed only for OJS and not ported over for use as part of OPS or OMP.

-Roger
PKP Team

Thanks @rcgillis,
I thought that as the code base is the same in large, that such plugins would be compatible. If we get funding for our Preprint Projekt I will see if I can port it to be used with OPS :slight_smile:
Your’s
Felix

Hi @felixhelix,

It’s often not hard to adapt plugins so that they’re compatible with several of our applications; see e.g.:

• the static pages plugin, which doesn’t do anything that needs adapting for any particular application, or
  • the usage stats plugin, which has some conditional logic that behaves differently depending on the application.

We probably haven’t had much call for the HTML article galley plugin to be adapted for OPS because most OPS users don’t have an HTML production pipeline. How are you planning to generate your HTML?

Thanks,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team

1 Like

Hi @asmecher,

thanks for your reply!
We plan to use fiduswriter (https://www.fiduswriter.org/) which works semantically and so can export articles in different formats. We probably also change the html plugin to display the html more embedded in the overall layout, as with the inlineHTMLGalley plugin (GitHub - ulsdevteam/inlineHtmlGalley: Extend the PKP OJS htmlArticleGalley plugin to support inline display of the HTML Galley). So users can more easily comment on the content.

Thanks,
Felix
UCL Cologne