How to go about multilinugual Welcome text on the index? (OJS 3.0)

Hi all,
I’m setting up a journal with OJS that should be usable in English as well as in German. I added some welcome-text in “Additional Content” in the Website Settings. But there I can add the text only once, that is to say only one language. Is there a “standard” way to have such text in different languages? Using the built in multilingual support or static pages?
Any suggestions are welcome!
Best regards,
Andreas

PS: I’m using OJS 3.0

Hi @henkel,

if you setup your journal to be multilingual (in the journal management section Languages) you got a language selection tag at the top of the page 5 of the setup. Select your language and use submit at the top, then enter the values according to the language and click on save on the bottom of the page.
Change the language on top, submit, fill out the form in a different language and then save again.

Hope this helps

Claudia Jürgen

Hi @cjuergen,

thanks for the quick reply. I thought so, too. But this doesn’t work… I forgot to mention: it’s OJS 3.0 I’m using.
I added that information to my opening question.

Best,
Andreas

Hi @henkel,

best use the latest stable release at least for production see this response:

If this happens in the latest master of 3.0 and there is not already an issue on Github create a new one.

Hope this helps

Claudia Jürgen

Hi @henkel,

just tried latest master and was able to create a bilingual journal (everything checked as bilingual en as primary, de as secondary).

Seems in some cases the choosen language of the webui determines the language of the field, e.g. the title and having choosen en as display language was saved as the english version and then switching to de and edit the title again and got an german title. In some cases clicking into a field for editing e.g. Masthead duplicated the field maybe to enter primary and secondary language. the drawback with these duplicated fields was they overlayed the save button in some cases and one could not save the changes.

Claudia Jürgen