How to force links into specific locales?

Thanks, @asmecher !

I’m aware that the url is in “ugly mode” heheheee. but can’t work on it for now, it was decided to get back to that just before future conferences.

But if you have any easy guide for taking “ugly mode” off WITH NGINX, please share this information, I would make it another try. When I was trying to get ride of the “ugly mode”, any link was redirecting to home page, so I’ve decided to put this aside for a while…

Let me show now some links (I’ll link the IP of my server this time so you can try to make any tests).

For example, the following link works like a charm, opening the locale es_ES as required:

192.241.117.122?conference=index&schedConf=1encontro&page=user&op=setLocale&path[]=es_ES&source=%2F%3Fconference%3Dindex%26schedConf%3D1encontro%26page%3Duser

(it’s a link for the user home, but as you are not registered you’ll see a login page with the es_ES locale anyway, right?)

Now, this seems to work right away for any page, BUT the pages that need to call “op=”, which is the case for the submit page as I said before.

For example, try the following link:

192.241.117.122?conference=index&schedConf=1encontro&page=user&op=setLocale&path%5B%5D=en_US&source=%2F%3Fconference%3Dencontro%26schedConf%3D1encontro%26page%3Dauthor%26op%3Dsubmit

If you read the params, I tried to call the submit page only through the source parameter, as you seem to have suggested. It opens the page, but NOT in the desired locale (en_US in this case), rather using the default pt_BR. Here is the problem. This is the best result I could get so far, because other combinations result in 404 error. I’ve tried many ways to write the params in order to fix it and make it work, but couldn’t get it to work yet. This was the closest I got to find a solution, but lacks a proper setLocale.

I’m still convinced this problem may be because “op=” is asked for opening some specific pages, but also needs to be called to setLocale. That’s why I was trying to direct the question this way from the start, because I think proper handling op for both operations (opening the desired page and setting the specific locale at the same time) is the solution.

Thank you,
Thiago