How do I import the metadata of back volumes on OMP 3.3.0.13 using the Native XML Plugin OR Tab Delimited Content Import Plugin?

Dear Team,
I have been trying to upload the metadata of back volumes on OMP 3.3.0.13 by using the Native XML Plugin. However, I am getting an error message while uploading the file. Please let me know the minimum required columns to keep while uploading the xml file and what the steps are to follow while converting the CSV to XML. Also, how can I upload the metadata on the terminal using the Tab-delimited content import plugin? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi @koormath,

If the Native XML is an option for you, you may wish to try that: can you elaborate what error you ran into? How many back volumes are you trying to import?

-Roger
PKP Team

Thank you for your response. I have more than three thousand back volumes. I have an Excel sheet for these data. How can I convert these data into a native XML format? Is there any option to upload the fulltext and coverages in bulk? Could you please help me with these if you have any ideas?

I tried to convert to NativeXML but I ended up having issues with generating IDs correctly for NativeXL. Instead, I used the Bepress import plugin (GitHub - mfelczak/bepress: Plugin to import bepress Digital Commons journal to OJS 3.1.1 or newer). There is also CVS to Bepress converter (that is not maintained). I don’t know if that works as I wrote my own script to convert my data to Bepress XML.

However, I needed to comment “\SubmissionLog::logEvent …” out in PKPSubmissionFileService.inc.php (L329) as it seems that PKPSubmissionFIleService does not handle invoking submission from the command line correctly.

1 Like

Sorry, I did not read it carefully enough. Bepress plugging is for OJS, not OMP. I don’t know if it works with OMP.

Thank you for your response.