Hook Crossref DOI registration to issue publishing

Hi @bozana

How about having an extra setting in the Crossref plugin that would enable users to register DOIs automatically when a new issue is published?

We are using the automatic deposits, but the problem is that there is always a delay in the registration. So when the journals for example tweet about their new issues and articles and use DOIs, they are not working and crossref sends us error reports.

I have instructed the journals to register DOIs manually, but I think that it would be fairly easy to just hook the registration to the issue publishing action?

Hi @ajnyga

Hmmm… Yes, maybe… I will think about it in more detail, but I would for sure like to implement it together with the integration of the new Crossref API, that will more synchronously/immediately provide us with the deposit status – currently, it is asynchronous – first some processing on the Crossref side has to take place till the DOI is really registered…
s. integrate new Crossref deposit and submissionDownload API · Issue #3803 · pkp/pkp-lib · GitHub

Thanks!!!
Bozana